PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel Confusion

chris.roberts2k
28-04-2014, 19:11
Hello all,

Looking for a bit of an expert here as this one is a little confusing. I have bought which I genuinely believe to be a 40,000 mile willliams (all mot's, receipts and service history are aligned)

I am changing the clutch and flywheel (amongst many other things)

In a desperate race to get the car back on the road and before I found how useful this forum was I ordered a brand new flywheel from renault spares. In the few days after, I also had a very good used one sent to me by a fellow member. Unfortunately, renault spares will not take the new one back so since I've paid £200+ for it i decided to fit it and be done with it. On the brand new flywheel the bolt holes are smaller than both the original one and the second hand one sent to me.

Since the car has only done 40,000 miles this would not be it's second clutch replacement so the flywheel should be original combined with the additional second hand one being the same as my original logic says the larger holed flywheels are correct?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Many thanks

Chris

chris.roberts2k
29-04-2014, 22:04
To be clear, what size threads should the bolts holding the flywheel to the pressure plate be. My clutch is 8mm, 16v_paddy has measured some at 8mm, renault parts are saying 7mm to suit the flywheel they have sent.

Which one is correct? Why the change? When did this change.

I have also double checked the gearbox, it is a JC5014 box and a vale clutch came out of it so this suggests to me that it is all original.

Thanks guys