PDA

View Full Version : Legal News 2

NickFr
31-08-2005, 09:46
We received a phone call from the Police commisioner today, asking us to send the Carte grise to him( equivalent of our log book) this was forged and requires changing.

We asked him, when will we receive a date to see the arbitrator in order to sort out our compensation, the reason being that we are concerned that he will move any assets and thus ensure he is unable to pay us any money.

Here's the good news....He has admitted he forged the documents and clocked the car...but forgot to tell us :? Therefore has nowhere to go with this. We explained that the car is in a dangerous condition and want what we paid for it and any subsequent outgoings. He said " no problem " indeed if he now refuses, it will automatically go in front of a judge and he will face a huge fine and the legal system will pay us in full..not him therefore our refund is guaranteed leaving him with a huge bill to the state. This figure is just over £7200...more than enough to buy a superb quality Williams :D :D

northy
31-08-2005, 09:48
congratulations to you both.....sounds like you have come out this well.

Do you still get to keep your original williams ????

if not what is the next step for the car ???

GazTwo
31-08-2005, 09:51
8) .....keep this one as a Track Car to abuse.

NickFr
31-08-2005, 09:52
He will get this shed back and We will source a new car, this time a bit more carefully!!

The system here is generous but they won't give you the money and the car :shock:

GazTwo
31-08-2005, 09:55
He will get this shed back and We will source a new car, this time a bit more carefully!!

The system here is generous but they won't give you the money and the car :shock:

Bummer......could have had a minter and one to abuse....never mind now the hunt is on for a minter..... :D

northy
31-08-2005, 10:05
make sure you take off everything that you have fitted too it mate.

Winston
31-08-2005, 10:12
Excellent news Nick :D

big hp
31-08-2005, 10:21
Thats excellent news Nick.

Will get yourself a minter and a few goodies for £7200.

NickFr
31-08-2005, 10:50
Question, what would you do,...come to the Uk and buy a minter for a fraction of the cost as buying here...or pay top dollar and buy one here?

northy
31-08-2005, 10:54
depends on the costs mate.

there are alot of 30 - 50,000miler williams 2's about all of a sudden.

But im sure the weather in France is alot kinder to them that here.

Have a good look around, and if you are not too bothered about the steering wheel on the wrong side for france then a english williams in france would be rare.

Try and come to the UK and I will take you williams hunting :lol:

NickFr
31-08-2005, 10:58
See thats the problem!, France is feckin huge....you could have to drive for hours just to end up viewing a shed....will look in to the legalities of regestering a RHD here....should be no probs as they were all made in France! Will keep you posted could always post the pics and let the lads have their say....would be helpful :wink:

northy
31-08-2005, 11:02
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-Williams-2-0-Technisch-im-Top-Zustand_W0QQitemZ4572100315QQcategoryZ18257QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

:lol:

J o n
31-08-2005, 11:21
great news Nick. Imo I think your best coming over here and getting one as it will cost about half the amount, so any imperfections can be fixed and sorted and you can take it back to France with cams and throttle bodies for that money :D

Purple
31-08-2005, 11:24
therefore our refund is guaranteed leaving him with a huge bill to the state. This figure is just over £7200...more than enough to buy a superb quality Williams :D :D

That's a decent chunk of moola! Shall I engage a chakra master to summon the powers of universal chi to hasten the process of reimbusrment? Or is that too much to ask of the French legal system? :D

Martin
31-08-2005, 11:47
Excellent news....should be able to secure yourself a mint williams and a couple of k for a rainy day. :)

snakeylady
31-08-2005, 12:25
so pleased this is getting sorted - I just know you're next foray into williams ownership is going to be just brill :lol:

Enid
31-08-2005, 12:54
Good news Nick although how come you get the value of the car back? Sounds like your just being given a refund? Are you not entitled to some addional compensation after all he did commit an offence in seeling a clocked car.

Zollo
31-08-2005, 20:37
Definately get a UK one. Lots of cool points from the French dudes I reckon. Plus you'll feel more at home :D

Anyway, glad it's been resolved with such a good result.

NickFr
31-08-2005, 21:01
Thanks for all the comments guys and gals, can't wait to get the money and start shopping....any questions and I will get you lot to help me out...won't rely on my technical knowledge :roll:

2 live
01-09-2005, 09:57
glad to hear ur gettin this sorted out mate.

should be able to get an absolute minter for that, if its RHD then if u feel the need it wont be too hard to convert to LHD, so the options are countless lol.

swiss champ? hehe