PDA

View Full Version : Williams Vs Integra Type R...

J o n
31-08-2005, 09:22
it's all happening tonight... this particular one is RAPID and I think I'm gonna get my arsed served on a silver platter :cry:

will see if I can get some video up...

northy
31-08-2005, 09:25
good luck mate.

untill tommorrow :twisted:

J o n
31-08-2005, 09:39
i'm blaming the zorst blowing from the decat (again) if I lose! :lol:

the standing start I'm least looking forward too... LSD anyone? :shock:

northy
31-08-2005, 09:44
heehee - still trying to do a group buy on that mate. :lol:

J o n
31-08-2005, 09:48
i'll have one if they can guarantee that the internals will last and I can see the parts they replace it with... as I dont trust anyone regarding Reno boxes, they are shit and I'd be loathed to pay that much money for something I'll only break again... hehe

just a bit of info... Paul Teg with new tyres spins at 70+ when changing from 2nd to 3rd with an LSD... that's some serious power... :?

northy
31-08-2005, 09:48
:(

J o n
31-08-2005, 09:50
not looking good for me is it?... lol

stan
31-08-2005, 12:44
its the same engine used in an Ariel Atom...2 of ours are supercharged=0-60 2.88secs!!! yes two point eight eight seconds! they are damn quick!
first time i took one out on the road, i thought i was gonna flip the cunt!

Chris n`nic
31-08-2005, 14:55
get some vids if you can Jon

Chris

bigjim
31-08-2005, 17:56
they are rapid those integras, good luck mate.

Slithers
31-08-2005, 18:17
Also the adverse weather conditions in manc at the mo probably wont help anyones cause.

Be careful yoooz twoos

Zollo
31-08-2005, 20:40
its the same engine used in an Ariel Atom...2 of ours are supercharged=0-60 2.88secs!!! yes two point eight eight seconds! they are damn quick!
first time i took one out on the road, i thought i was gonna flip the c*nt!

Two of yours? Do you sell them or something? :shock:

Gimme a go :P

Christian
31-08-2005, 22:32
Are you up against a DC2 or DC5?
Actualy, doesn't matter - you're ****ed either way... :twisted: :wink:

stan
31-08-2005, 22:49
first time i took one out on the road, i thought i was gonna flip the c*nt!

Two of yours? Do you sell them or something? :shock:

Gimme a go :P

nah we race them....

J o n
31-08-2005, 23:30
well, we went out to the private testing strip even though it has been lashing it down and before i tell you the rest i'll let you know at this point that my car had another accident... lol

accelerator pedal snapped :? which was bizare, as I dont press it hard whatsoever, so that ended the play... but before hand...

1st run rolling start and i'm off cam in 2nd and Paul's on VTEC in 1st... :? lol
he jumps a bit ahead and then gains a car and a half upto about 120ish and it stays level there...

2nd run not sure on speed, i was at 4k exactly in 3rd, Paul on VTEC. Both go and Paul jumps a foot ahead... gap remains same...

3rd run i'm at 5k in second Paul off VTEC in 2nd... I jump straight ahead torque steering and spinning all over the place and change to third with half throttle change, spin, leap forward and clink! pedals on the floor and the car has no drive... at first i didn't notice the pedal i was too busy panicking thinking the gearbox had gone, but nothing major by looks of things, but wont be able to make it tomorrow Northy! :cry:

will be having a rematch soon in the dry, hopefully traction wont be such a problem. but in all there didn't seem to be much in it at all, we will have to workout what speeds are fair, 45mph in 2nd should see us both in the power tho we reckon and some standing starts are required 8)

Chris n`nic
01-09-2005, 01:14
Nice one m8...I said it wouldn`t be too much different but it is a struggle to get you both in a good rev range

Chris

northy
01-09-2005, 08:04
poo pants jon...was looking forward to a little play tonight aswell.

can wayne bring you ?

J o n
01-09-2005, 09:02
i know, it's a bit of a pain in the arse to say the least... cant get a lift of Wayne, his cars been off the road for months, he's putting a new engine and gearbox inbefore he T&T's it and re-insures it again... :cry:

... think I need 2 live to come over on Friday and help me out, dont think the cable has snapped as the pedal has dropped onto the floor, but if you pull it back up there is some resistance like the cable is still attached... problem with it being dark was I couldn't have a good look at it, but will do so tonight.

northy
01-09-2005, 09:09
bet its the white clip thats broken on the pedal mate.

see if you can tape it well enough to drive......

J o n
01-09-2005, 09:21
no idea mate, I initially thought the box had gone as there was no drive, but immediately realised the pedal was on the floor and just coasted it off onto the hard shoulder... Paul was an absolute star, he went down the road to Tesco's to get some drinks while we waited for the recovery truck... hehe

i'm mainly gutted about the fact that was the best run... well, for me, as this time I was on cam and the Teg wasn't... either way though, whoever gets in front first I dont think the other person would be able to pass... that i'm pretty sure off, there literally was nothing in it once traction issues were out the question... looking forward to some rematches in the dry to see how they compare.

P.K.
01-09-2005, 11:50
Enjoyed last night even though 1st gear was useless due to the weather conditions. From standing I reckon the ITR would be on top but it's a different story from rolling, 45mph in 2nd would see me WAY off the vtec, probably at 3500rpm to 4000rpm so the Willy would go away. I still reckon I'd start to gain at 6k. I really don't think we could come get to a point where both cars were on cam TBH, we'll have another go in the dry though.
In the real world though if I knew I was going to be having a go with another car I'd always be in the VTEC.

Hey Jon, what about the orange race prepped Sagaris....made my night!

J o n
01-09-2005, 12:24
yeah the weather wasn't idea, but the comparisons were certainly interesting, the best comparison for me was 3rd gear at 4k, not far off cam and you prolly in 1st gear or something! lol

i think from standing is going to be the only way to see how they compare as being off cam it was off the power everytime and the run where I was on the power you weren't and I was just lighting up the fronts and going all over the place...

the way the ITR delivers the power though I think that me being off cam is not as bad as you being off VTEC... basically we need to find a speed where i'm at 5k ideally and your at 10'000rpm or whenever it comes into VTEC lol... if that is possible?

JonnyK
01-09-2005, 22:18
sounds like the clip behind the gas pedal lol, i have done one in a mates valver and one in my car !

my mate managed to fix his with a shoelace and it was fine for the 7 months he had it!

VIPERONE
01-09-2005, 22:43
u need the vicar to sprinkle holy water on your car.. then carry out a sermon inside.

Slithers
01-09-2005, 23:51
u need the vicar to sprinkle holy water on your car.. then carry out a sermon inside.

Or we could just go the whole hog and have an excorsism!

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!

after all he is the jesus