PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal needed/advice williams 2

Rvwilliams 2
31-03-2014, 15:41
My clutch cable on my williams 2 has snapped a few times recently and have got a mechanic mate fixing it.he's upgraded the cable but now seems to think its the clutch pedal.weve been in touch with renault to no success in finding a new pedal.is it as simple as finding one that someone is selling breaking up theres? If so please advise......

martynp
31-03-2014, 15:52
The part number I came up with was 7701467633 and it's available next day from Renault price is £54 + vat

16v_paddy
31-03-2014, 18:23
The Renault you've been in touch with are clearly useless & need a good slap, £64.81 from RPD http://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/products/Renault-Clio-Williams-Clutch-Pedal.html :winkey:

dimma
31-03-2014, 18:41
I had a similar problem years ago with a Clio 16v.it kept breaking clutch cables and the clutch was always hard to press.i replaced both pedal and clutch but made no difference.turned out that the cables weren't fitted correctly into the bulkhead and were kinking when the pedal was pressed.i remember finding the problem and I thought it was a great job to finally get it sorted.

Rvwilliams 2
31-03-2014, 19:05
Thanks guys ive sent forward the advice you have gave me to my mechanic....ive always loved cars but im a nightmare as regards to the technical stuff.he'l know what u all mean lol thanks again.hopefully itl get sorted and back out on road by weekend....new discs n pads going on too...cant wait