PDA

View Full Version : Over tightened wheel bolts

Wobba
23-03-2014, 20:27
I was off out today to find the cause of my knocking noises. It's actually the CV and the wheel bearing both going on the front nearside.

Trouble is I cannot get the wheel nuts off...well I got two off after a lot of brute power and a bent wheel nut wrench, and a broken ratchet spanner. The other two will not budge even with a 5 foot lever bar!

I will ask a garage to try an impact gun, but failing that what else can I do? I work long hours at mo so rarely have the time to mess about after work, and with the M5 gone I need to keep Williams happy.

The cause of this was a guy that used an impact gun on too high a setting when doing my tyres. Another retard in the auto repair industry to avoid.

jamiecrookston83
23-03-2014, 20:34
I can't believe people do this. Happened to me before and I blew up at the guy for doing it.

Dean250
23-03-2014, 22:31
Tyre garages are the worst for this, I always make sure I am there so they don't go blasting the nuts in with the windy gun.

It's easy to strip the threads on the hub too with them being worn!

Wobba
25-03-2014, 07:59
Got the bugges off with my new breaker bar and impact wheel nut remover. Gave up with replacing the stub axle though as the heavens opened typically.