PDA

View Full Version : Mileage rollbacked Not Renault Related

Vandella
21-03-2014, 15:11
Hi All,

My friend had a ford focus which she has now sold back to the dealer after constant problems with it.. however she has received a letter from ford saying her mileage is incorrect.. it went from usual clocked miles(M.O.T./service records), then has been rolled back now is back up to just below what she first got.. there has been many issue's with the car and has been back to ford countless times..

im aware that u can change digital odometers using a plugin device and some software capable of doing so, I have also read that a fuse that has been taken out and the longer its left out the more it rolls back..

its always and only been to ford for the problems.. im aware that they can also change this reading, but she has sold the car back to them, she has been threatened by post of fraud, and clocking.

she wont mind me saying that she is completely uncapable of doing this herself, even though she is a computer programmer.

what would be your guys steps to try and resolve such a problem? has anyone experienced this in any form?

cheers for any thoughts/advice on this matter

Vandella
21-03-2014, 15:23
or possible human error when reading/writing the mileage down?

walters300
24-03-2014, 00:01
Check the document that was issued when the car was traded in, when you p/x a car the garage takes it on trade terms sold as seen, they haven't got a leg to stand on and its there responsibility to fully inspect the car before signing the contract, tell them if they call you again that you will get a solicitor involved and take a case against them for harassment, as soon as they take the car in and complete the contract they have no recourse, be very stern and you won't hear anymore...