PDA

View Full Version : s/s manifold and decat

stew
30-08-2005, 21:14
Hi all. First post here, so bear with me! :wink:

I have a 1992 Clio Hybrid (martin's blue one) and am thinkin of fitting a s/s manifold and decat (as the standard decat is mild steel and rusted badly!) I know the whole s/s manifold topic has been discussed rigoriously on many clio forums, with many people saying that the standard valver manifold is just about the best thing to run, even on a F7R engine! Why is this? Also could i buy a valver s/s manifold for my 2.0l and see even better performance gains than buying a 2.0l s/s manifold?

Am i also correct in assuming that the only difference between williams and valver exhaust systems is the manifold (smaller bore on the valver so more torque yeah??) and downpipe. The centre section back is identical?

One last thing - what is the date for when cat converters are a mandatory requirement?

Many thanks,

Lunner
30-08-2005, 22:02
cat bavck system is the same AFAIK, downpipe is a arger bore and has the flange at 45* tothe horizonatl, as opposed ot the valver having it at 90*.

I can do you a mild steel de-cat for £35 delivered, when i actually get around to gettign some made up

Slithers
30-08-2005, 22:22
cat bavck system is the same AFAIK, downpipe is a arger bore and has the flange at 45* tothe horizonatl, as opposed ot the valver having it at 90*.

I can do you a mild steel de-cat for £35 delivered, when i actually get around to gettign some made up

Ill tesity to lunners decats, very very well made.

Justin..
30-08-2005, 22:37
i think if your car is a K or late L reg u need to have a decat

Martin
30-08-2005, 22:52
I would'nt bother with a s/s manifold mate just pick up a valver manifold& downpipe just as good imo. see here

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5064

Mark_Ritchspeed
30-08-2005, 23:17
To this point, has anyone actually run a Willy manifold and 16v manifold on the rollers to see what the difference is?

I know everyone raves about the 16v manifolds, but in outright power terms is there any proof in black and white. Not too concerned about low down torque etc.

Sorry slight thread hijack. :oops: