PDA

View Full Version : Cobra alarm for williams 3 how to bypass????

will3brin
15-03-2014, 17:51
Hi my cobra alarm doesnt work any more and i just want to bypass it now because since i disconnected the battery i cant even start car!

does anyone know how to do this as i has seen another post where someone said take off the black top of the dash and join together a a white (and a yellow) cable that has been cut. I did try this but it didnt do anything?

If anyone else has any knowledge on this it would be much appreciated!!
Thanks

will 2
16-03-2014, 09:57
i could do with some help on this one too , as mine has decided to die aswell :(

loizos
16-03-2014, 20:11
i have the same problem and i did nt find anything

MattDilley
16-03-2014, 20:44
The standard alarms only need the 2 wires mentioned above to bypass the standard alarm.

MattDilley
16-03-2014, 20:46
What is your car doing when you turn the key?

Red_Dash
16-03-2014, 20:51
My car has just come back on the road after 6 years of mild restoration work. Unfortunately, I also had alarm system problems. The car wouldn't start and I eventually had to get a car electrician in to who traced the starting issue back to the alarm system. I was told that because the battery had been disconnected for so long, something in the alarm system had failed. I had to eventually have the whole system removed to make it straightforward to address.

Now, I may have been in a different situation than you guy because I actually had 2 x alarm systems on my car (one that was fitted about 15 years ago, and the other original system) - I don't know why I had 2!

The morale of the story is that I would just get a qualified car electrician in to look at the problem rather than trying to fix it yourself.