PDA

View Full Version : viarouge suspension

owen87
14-03-2014, 00:41
Hi,

Has anybody got any experience of the French manufactured suspension called Viarouge?

I was in the middle of buying Bilstein B6's from a french company called NSB concept but it turns out that the front ones have to be manuafctured by Bilstein and therefore may take up to a year before I receive the parts. The fback ones are easily got as they also fit the 16v clio.

The guy at NSB tells me that Viarouge sport is equivilant to the B6's (although he is trying to sell them) but the only info I can find is on French sites. The translations aren't great so im only picking up bits of info. Price is more or less the same.

I need something that will suit road use and also occasional track use.

owen87
02-04-2014, 23:44
Well i made the plunge and went for the Viarouge, arrived today pretty excited to test them out.

On the face of it they look decent well put together, colour isnt exactly the height of fashion but no1's goin to see that :winkey:

Ill report back when i'v given them the old back road test, fingers crossed French stuff is fairly flimsy as we all know.

northy
03-04-2014, 10:59
you could always tickle them with some satin black

owen87
11-04-2014, 23:39
So nine days later and the suspension still is'nt operational sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

First issue, guy who sold me car had it lowered on what looked like original front shocks and apex springs with apex back shocks. Terrible setup car handled awful. He gave what were supposed to be two original standard height springs. When i fitted spring to viarouge shock I quickly found out one spring was wrong and one was right.

Solution got two new springs from RPD arrived within two days (very efficient). Fitted springs success, then fitted shocks to car less success.

Second issue, there seems to be over excessive play in the top mount firstly thought something was missing as play was so big but quick internet search tells me they wear out easily and excessively. I jacked the shock up while the car was also jacked up. The top mount then lifts about 5mm from the car, I would now assume I need new top mounts.

Third issue, the viarouge shocks seem to have a camber adjustment on the bottom hole of the front shocks (I.E an oval hole for movement as opposed to a round hole on the originals), I assume this is so they fit both the valver and the Williams.

Can any one tell me:

1. Are solid mounts still available? There was a group buy awhile back but no word on this recently. How do they effect the car vibrations, better steering etc.

2. What are the top mounts from RPD like decent quality?

3. Where or what type of camber adjustment bolts should I get. Or do I even need them?

Any help welcome please.

Vandella
12-04-2014, 19:50
1. AST do solid top mounts ' http://www.kamracing.co.uk/ast-solid-top-mounts-renault-clio-mk1.html ' not sure if there is a different set for williams.. best to ask or some will say..
2. Gen Renault ones so standard, should be fine if the setup is standard or close
3. Eibach does camber adjustment bolts,,' http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-Williams-Mk1-Eibach-front-camber-bolts-kit-/230607266250 ', but im not sure id bother tbh..

owen87
12-04-2014, 21:32
1. AST do solid top mounts ' http://www.kamracing.co.uk/ast-solid-top-mounts-renault-clio-mk1.html ' not sure if there is a different set for williams.. best to ask or some will say..
2. Gen Renault ones so standard, should be fine if the setup is standard or close
3. Eibach does camber adjustment bolts,,' http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-Williams-Mk1-Eibach-front-camber-bolts-kit-/230607266250 ', but im not sure id bother tbh..

Thanks for the info lad, fair play.

Seen those solid ones last night as I trawled the net, safe to say for that price ill just go with RPD. Setup is same as standard so they should fit. Poly bush top mounts would be nice but cant see anything like that available.

Might get the camber bolts for piece of mind, not too dear so probably will get them.

manxseven
13-04-2014, 21:14
Keep us posted please as hoping to do a couple of track days and hillclimbs in mine.

Cheers,

Simon

owen87
14-04-2014, 19:59
Keep us posted please as hoping to do a couple of track days and hillclimbs in mine.

Cheers,

Simon

Will do

owen87
24-04-2014, 22:57
so put viarouge suspension in with new KYB top mounts (apparently to the top mounts have a certain amount of play which is bizzare but i'll trust Renault on this) and so far im pleased with the results. I mean compared to the previous set up there was no competition but they seem to adequately hold badly cambered Irish roads.

Quite comfortable at low speeds very civilised, no sign of bottoming out or trying to flip me into a ditch when hitting unexpected bumps on bends. Bottom bold hole on shock is a slot to allow for adjustment so need to get that sorted definitely was pulling left and right.

Car also now sits correctly rather than slumped on its nose :-).

Obviously time will tell but so far very pleased.

predas
23-06-2014, 23:19
Hi! Any more feedback from these?

I have to replace my shocks (all of them) and i'm struggling a bit because I don't wan't to go for some coilover kit and most brands are not making any more front shocks for the williams. Only AVO does them and I don't really know if they're good or bad...

owen87
27-06-2014, 11:52
Hi! Any more feedback from these?

I have to replace my shocks (all of them) and i'm struggling a bit because I don't wan't to go for some coilover kit and most brands are not making any more front shocks for the williams. Only AVO does them and I don't really know if they're good or bad...

Hi,

just completed 8 laps of the Nordschelife (nurburgring) and a 3000 mile journey across Europe including the Swiss Alps and the finest road in Europe the A5 (i think) from Telford to Holyhead.

This suspension is top class!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously cant comment on long term durability but for 3000 miles they have been fantastic.

I would def recommend these, as close to Bilstein as I could find.

Chris197F1
27-06-2014, 14:46
Any pics of this trip Owen?

owen87
28-06-2014, 02:01
Yeah loads Chris, hopefully will get round to posting them up this weekend

owen87
21-09-2014, 21:29

Still haven't got round to uploading pics of ring trip but did find this pic taken by a local photographer which they upload to the Ringportal. I found 14 photos in total from the two days driving, I think this is the pick of the bunch. The brother is pointing which way to go don't know how I got round that bend without him ha.