PDA

View Full Version : MK 1 Bootlid Strip

Vandella
11-03-2014, 19:06
i know there are four screws holding this on but how does it come off the clips.... really don't wanna brake this..

jamiecrookston83
11-03-2014, 19:51
You talking about the strip at the bottom of the boot lid? Or the spoiler? I'm sure the trim at the bottom of the boot lid after taking out the 4 screws just comes off.

Vandella
11-03-2014, 19:59
it looks like there are clips involved like the plastic ones u get for the roof strip or summink..

Coops
11-03-2014, 22:51
Yeah there's some clips, but tbh doesn't matter if they break as the screws do all the work ;)

Vandella
13-03-2014, 00:51
Whats should the finish be like on the tailgate bootstrip for a mk1.. mine has been painted body colour so its smooth but id like to get it back to normal.. anyone got any ideas? can i just sand the paint off with wed/dry paper and spray satin or matt black??

also those with 1's.. not sure if its the same on the mk2 and 3.. but are there holes for the 16v badge too..far right?? all the holes were filled and the RENAULT badge was stuck on using the adhesive pads.. and started to curl up.. have a new one and getting a new clio badge too when i think about it..

btw... i got it off black lugs intact.. two injuries sustained.. both outer screws.. one had sheared, which i'll need to drill out carefully.. the other side, the screw housing came out the plastic lug and is still on the screw.. but fixable!!

Coops
13-03-2014, 10:22
personally I'd just contact mat brown and buy a second hand standard strip from him chap, sounds like yours has been fecked about with quite a bit