PDA

View Full Version : Valver vs Rover 200Vi

clowo16v
30-08-2005, 16:21
My mate with the 214Si is always going on about these 200Vi's with the 147bhp VVC motor in, saying that they're fast as **** etc.

Had a blast for 8 miles of dual carriageway with one, pasted him on the straights, and on the roundabouts he was nearly into the kerb trying to keep up lol. Probably doing 15mph less than me round them aswell.

See ya

Matt

Andyvalver
30-08-2005, 16:56
:D Nice one mate. The zr's are the only ones what give a valver a good run, there the same sort of pace

jackgilroy
30-08-2005, 18:30
must have been the driver or it was badged up as a Vi as they are quick cars. Yes a clio 16v will out handle one but not overtake it on the straights.

i used to have a rover 200 BRM 3/4 years ago, same engine as 200 Vi but it has a close ratio gearbox with LSD and uprated suspension. It was a quick car, in a straight line not far off my Clio williams.

Andyvalver
30-08-2005, 19:32
The rover is nearly 10bhp/ton down on the valver so it would be very close or the valver would win. Plus, its a rover :roll: And as for not far of your williams pace, a valver isnt either :wink:

clowo16v
30-08-2005, 20:43
It was definetley a Vi, i've raced them before (and BRM's) and i've always beat them. Can't be the driver either, the driver makes no difference in a straight line just on corners.

That was with all my interior and everything in aswell with 3/4 tank of petrol so mine was hardly light.

See ya

Matt

Tommo
31-08-2005, 10:06
Them Vi's are fookin quick cars (in a straight line), my mate had one a few years back and was v surprised how fast it was, his was totally standard as well! Bit of a dark horse imo!!

Andyvalver
31-08-2005, 10:18
It was definetley a Vi, i've raced them before (and BRM's) and i've always beat them. Can't be the driver either, the driver makes no difference in a straight line just on corners.

That was with all my interior and everything in aswell with 3/4 tank of petrol so mine was hardly light.

See ya

Matt

Dont worry mate, i belive ya :D

clowo16v
31-08-2005, 14:43
As Queen said, another one bites the dust.

Went out looking for one I know drives round Barnsley last night, pulled 6 car lengths on him from Asda to Wickes lol.

See ya

Matt