PDA

View Full Version : Scuttle Induction

si2001
11-02-2014, 06:59
I've recently got hold of a scuttle induction kit but before I start relocating bits in the engine bay, I wanted to know if anyone could give me an exhaustive list from experience of what needs removing/relocating to allow for it to be installed?

Thanks

Vandella
11-02-2014, 09:14
as far as im aware.. the battery may need relocating.. and you'll need a hole in the bulkhead for the intake to reach into where the washer bottle is.. may need to move the washer bottle too!

Coops
11-02-2014, 10:02
as above really, battery into boot or use small form factor one like a red top.

hole into bulkhead to access scuttle and then shift the aux fuse box and replace the washer bottle for something smaller

Chris197F1
11-02-2014, 10:06
sounds like a lot of hard work, is it worth it?

Coops
11-02-2014, 12:26
for my application I'd say yes (turbo) so keeping the inlet/filter inside the engine bay is useless due to heatsoak and I have to have an open I/K as theres not enough room for an airbox to enclose it, at least not easily there isn't

for n/a engine, personally I'd say no, particularly the open induction kit version, as all it does is make loads of noise, that's from experience as well, I had one on the current hybrid, got shot of it asap

diditno
11-02-2014, 13:37
The washer bottle doesnt need moving, mine fits fine, you may need to move the fuse box over. You will also need to turn the coilpack upside down to clear the scuttle intake, as well as moving the battery to the boot as the main airfilter body sits where that does. You will also need to grind away the lip on the battery tray or it wont fit properly. You may also have a Clearance issue if you have a strut brace. Hope that helps

Coops
11-02-2014, 14:41
god knows how you crammed that in Steve with the water bottle in there, I have a Vauxhall nova bottle that's tiny and the filter still sits right up against it

si2001
11-02-2014, 22:44
Based on the comments, lack of gains for N/A and work involved, I think it'll be back up for sale shortly!

diditno
15-02-2014, 17:19
Coops. I have the group a scuttle not the pipe set up like yours, it just clears it, maybe I'm just lucky

MatBrown
15-02-2014, 22:27
Yeah, you don't need to move as much from in the scuttle with the group A set-up which is what Si has/had, noticed the eBay auction ended.