PDA

View Full Version : Am I going to break down?

simongore
10-02-2014, 22:20
Here's a question

my williams I have just bought has just had a new clutch cable before I collected it

however twice in the last week the ratchet on the pedal has slipped and had to reclick up

Not well described but hopefully you understand

another question

any idea how much speed lines needing a refurb are worth
there's a set on eBay but I have no idea what sort of money I should be offering

and another question
any idea where I can get a decent set of mats from. I'm thinking a set in grey to match the sets against the blue might look goo

anyway thanks for your help in advance
simon

Vandella
10-02-2014, 22:43
you can get them refurbed for around 50-80 per wheel depending on where you go.. if they are done well and in the correct colour and still good condition.. genuine renault speedlines.. id hinder 250-300 maybe more depending if tyres are involved..

Vandella
10-02-2014, 23:00
Clutch Pedal: there is a thread on how much the clutch fork should move.. check your against this. i think its like 17/18mm to 20/21mm . The pedal mechanism maybe worn out.. this is a common issue.. there are teeth at the back of the clutch pedal.. the teeth/points often get worn off and also if the pedal and where it all hinges does not have enough lubrication.. this can cause the ratchet system not to function properly. Also check the cable routing, if its not routed right, then this will cause issues.. too loose ull have to much pedal movement.. too tight.. not enough etc.. check how the pedal mechanism moves when u put pressure on the pedal.. check the movemnt of the fork and that the cables in the right place and not being restricted by anything as it does move a lil bit in the bay.

Wheels: you can get them refurbed for around 50-80 per wheel depending on where you go and where your from (delivery/collection mainly).. if they are done well and in the correct colour and still good condition.. genuine renault speedlines.. id hinder 250-300 maybe more depending if tyres are involved..

Mats: i know u can get 'black' and 'blue n gold' williams ones off ebay.. the originals were rubber.. few chaps have managed to source some good one but they are like rocking horse doodoo.

you wont breakdown on expensive refurbed wheels.. or with having grey mats! but maybe if your clutch pedal/cable/gubbins give up and shit their pants.. then u maybe driving without a clutch if your brave enough! lol best to avoid fast gear changes.. make sure the clutch engages and releases the pedal back to you each time.... ideally get it look at tho.. preventative maintenance n all!

good luck!

simongore
11-02-2014, 06:27
Thanks for the help

i will check the clutch at the weekend

simon