PDA

View Full Version : Airbox/pipe/bracket thingy query

LeeB
07-02-2014, 17:30
Hi, I have a W2 and recently threw away the after market air filter in favour of putting the original one back on....all ok there. I need to know what the pipe that comes out of the bottom of the air box fixes onto (obviously not the end that connects onto the airbox) but the other end. I think I must be missing a bracket or something (maybe that fixes onto the subframe (??). The helpful people at Renault don't know! A picture would be perfect, and of course if anyone has one that would be fantastic. Thanks, Lee.

Vandella
07-02-2014, 17:35
there should be a concertina'd bit of plastic pipe that joins from the little elbow piece coming off the airbox and this should join another bit that goes under the passenger headlight.. if you take the passenger foglight out.. the end of the air intake tube should be behind the foglight. hope this helps.. ill try and post some pics later of how it should look if no-one beats me to it!

diditno
07-02-2014, 18:03
The bracket under the airbox that the flexi pipe connects to, has the aux water pump connected to it. Hope that helps

ianbirch
07-02-2014, 18:28
It is my guess that you have a broken plastic pipe... the concertina bit snaps off quite easily leaving a pipe that won't connect to anything.

Either buy a new one or see if Mat Brown has one.

Cheers Ian

LeeB
10-02-2014, 14:03
Thanks all. Is there a bracket that fixes onto the body of the car that the 'concertina'd' pipe fits onto - or is that what you mean by the bracket with the aux water pump fixed to it? I have the concertina'd pipe but not the bit it would fix onto (behind the fog light/ under the headlight) i.e. I don't think I've got the initial air intake piece. A picture would be great so that I can show Renault (although I can ask them to look at water pump brackets). Thanks again, Lee.

Vandella
10-02-2014, 19:44
pic of the parts

rough price for parts 5 & 6

Vandella
10-02-2014, 20:55
This is a rough price for the strut.. (1)

LeeB
19-02-2014, 17:39
Thanks, that's what Renault came up with, looks like I just need to root around and see what I'm missing and get it ordered. Thanks again! Lee.