PDA

View Full Version : Irish newbie with Nurburgring dream

owen87
02-02-2014, 15:03
Hi All,

The names Owen, im from a place called Meath in Ireland just north of Dublin.

Recently bought a Williams 3 which originally lived in England kidderminster i think and also Stranraer with former Reg N551 UKV (somone here may have owned it). Have loved hot hatches ever since my first car (93 Mitsubishi mirage not exactly hot but you get the idea) which led me to what i thought was the mother of them all GTI-6............................until now ha. I also have an SIR-T accord (Jap version of type r) which is currently burning a hole in my pocket.

A lot of work done on the Clio before it arrived to Ireland engine rebuild with Kent cams, poly bushed, recon brakes all the usual stuff really. Prob needs an aftermarket ECU with better map as the power curve isn't exactly smooth.

My first job was to buy brand new Bilsteins front and back as the current setup (apex lowering springs and back shocks) wasn't really sufficient, handled awful really.

Have just decided to go on a European tour and some laps of the ring this summer for 9 days with a friend in his 309 GTI,. Planning an assault on some Swiss passes and the odd car/war museum/memorial type places.

Hope to do trip to Isle of man, Wales (I hear the roads are epic), England and then whatever track days i can pick up here in Ireland.

Im excited to say the least.

Cheers for reading!!!!

ianbirch
02-02-2014, 17:32
Hi Owen, welcome on board... can't see your one in the register but someone may know something about it.:)

Cheers Ian