PDA

View Full Version : The Beginning Of The End

ThRaXaIR
17-12-2013, 22:30
IT'S BACK! been driving it since sunday night, so what happens..... It rains daily of course! the leak in the roof through the aerial hole is certainly a pressing issue but easy to solve. the lack of rain catcher on the fibreglass bonnet is more of a head scratcher, but im working on it!

It stopped raining today! :D

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x223/JingosLingo/glosairfield_zps4f5f93a4.jpg (http://s180.photobucket.com/user/JingosLingo/media/glosairfield_zps4f5f93a4.jpg.html)

I also had an impromptu and accidental mini bonfire in the back on the way home from work... As some of you know i'm an electrician, i had a load of scrap wire in the back today, this then made a connection with my relocated batteries terminals. i suddenly notice something a bit colourful and bright over my left shoulder. I HAVE NEVER STOPPED THE CAR SO FAST IN MY LIFE!!! i hopped out and extinguished the fire. the only victims being my tool box carry strap and harness... certainly a close one! haha.

Using a neglected track car as a daily hack has highlighted a number of issues that i have some questions about, these are:

- My full beams aren't clicking on and the stalk is really floppy... will buying this solve it and is it the right one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111223849175?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 No one else buy it or else!!
- My clocks not working... is this common with a fix or is it just broke.
- Can dash bulbs be replaced... my outside temp stat one has gone and also the one in the dash for my headlights.

Cheers.

16v_paddy
18-12-2013, 00:05
Stalk will do the trick and the dash bulbs are replaceable, just fiddle & a bit of an arse to get to

p4cks
18-12-2013, 11:08
The stalk may just need to be tightened; remove the cowel and there are a couple of screws holding it in. They've probably come loose.

Coops
18-12-2013, 17:24
welcome back! clio shed daily is good :)

as above, common fault for the main beam switch to go, I've bought paddy's spare stalk as one on mine broke other day

ThRaXaIR
18-12-2013, 20:04
Its raining so i'm not doing it now but... i gave the stalk a wiggle and it appears the whole module is moving behind the cowling so hopefully it does just need tightening. i'll sort it at the weekend.

For no apparent reason i decided to tap the speedo screen.... it worked, the light bulb behind the headlights icon came back on. haha. Thats one thing sorted...

16v_paddy
18-12-2013, 20:29
That's how the french need to be dealt with when they stop working, a good old fashioned kick up the arse :lol:

ThRaXaIR
19-12-2013, 11:53
That's how the french need to be dealt with when they stop working, a good old fashioned kick up the arse :lol:

Seems about right bud! This morning i have fixed the light stalk... a bolt had come out. Now replaced and it is once again as tight as a tiger. Although the inducators still dont click off automatically. Cheers for the advice P4cks!

Salut