PDA

View Full Version : Clio Williams 1 #0049 For sale

will_2111
06-12-2013, 22:33
Hi guys,

I'm going to be as honest as I can in this advert.

I'm sure some of you may have seen the recent eBay advert recently for a Clio Williams 1 #0049.

Everything in the advert was completely correct, the car is near-on immaculate. No rust, cosmetically sound, interior great, runs very well, all great signs. So i bought it for upwards of £3k. I was driving home only to find there was a bit of a kangeroo/hesitation when on around quarter throttle. It isn't that bad, but would need sorting at some point.

I've done some reading on these forums, and it seems as though it could be a number of things, however, I bought the car as a 'mint example, and a perfect runner', and did not expect this problem. I really do not have the time or knowledge to fix the problem. I am disappointed because it is a lovely car, it really is. I fell in love with her immediately.

New cam belt, brakes, water pump, cobra immobiliser and more very recently done on it.

Because of the problem (and very reluctantly), I am going to put her up for sale on here.

I am willing to let her go for £2900 o.n.o. (priced to sell), immediately losing myself a lot of money, but for the fore mentioned reasons. I work for Bentley, so i appreciate a car in good nick, and after sorting this problem, she really would be worth a lot.

Anyone is welcome to come and view. I am based in Sandbach, Cheshire.

Is anyone interested?

Many thanks for your time,
Will

Dean250
07-12-2013, 16:07
Pictures will help you sell the car, sounds nice enough but why not just see about getting it fixed? unless its serious.

Edit - Just realised I've viewed this car when I was looking for one before buying one to restore.

I really didn't like the guys attitude, the car is nice and rust free as you say

he wanted 4k when I seen it, it was up for 4500 but I couldn't hand that over as all had was a few dvla print outs for paper work, not sure if you have more or he found more but didn't seem worth it to me, along with a few other things.

will_2111
07-12-2013, 17:25
Hi Dean,

Taken some pictures today, should be able to view them at the following link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/110845354@N07/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/110845354@N07/)

There is more paperwork than just a DVLA print out. A lot of service paperwork and receipts.

I would attempt to sort the problem, but as stated before, i bought it as a 'problem-less car', so unfortunately I didn't expect to immediately throw time at solving the problem.

The car really is priced to sell, and i'm sure someone with previous knowledge or experience of these cars, after spending a little time on it, would end up with a valuable little Williams 1.

Thanks for your reply.
Cheers,
Will

Dean250
08-12-2013, 14:29
I don't really think a problem less Williams will be out there really, from time to time things will develop due to there age!

The car looks well enough, when I seen it he just had a few pieces of paper that were print outs of it's MOT dates and locations.

Don't think he had any other bits so must have found some stuff, not sure what you paid but he was adamant on 4k for it.

will_2111
08-12-2013, 15:15
Good point, although being assured it was a good runner, then immediately coming across this problem frustrated me.

The car is absolutely spot on, I'm adamant it is worth 4k and upwards if the problem were to be solved! I just literally do not have the time for it.

glyn211269
08-12-2013, 23:13
Have PM'd you mate. I'm just down the road for you in Middlewich. I don't want to buy the car but I may be able to help...

will_2111
11-12-2013, 00:09
Hi guys,

FIXED THE PROBLEM! :D

She is now running sweet as a nut, and I have fallen right back in love! I was just being an impatient little scrote!

Still for sale in the New Year i expect, but want to have my fun with her for now.

Thank you for all your messages and help guys, really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Will

glyn211269
11-12-2013, 01:01
Glad you've got it sorted out but you definitely need more patience to live with one of these cars!! ;-)

If you were going to keep I'd suggest you replace the missing exhaust manifold heatshield to prevent those brake pipes across the bulkhead from cooking. And if you want it really spot on, get the correct rear wiper arm and tailgate sticker!! ;-)

will_2111
11-12-2013, 01:13
Where can i source the heat shield Glyn?

You are bloody picky! haha

Thanks

jock
11-12-2013, 02:35
Good second hand - rocking horse shit lol ! new renault only, RPD used to show them on their site but maybe not available any more ? They have the tailgate sticker.

16v_paddy
11-12-2013, 03:44
Good second hand - rocking horse shit lol ! new renault only, RPD used to show them on their site but maybe not available any more ? They have the tailgate sticker.

I'm pretty sure the only ones RPD had were the phase 2 heatshields & the original phase 1 items were discontinued

Dean250
11-12-2013, 13:41
I thought Renault Stopped making the heatshield?, the correct size rear sticker and wiper arm will improve the cars originality greatly!

talkingfish
11-12-2013, 18:47
I have a genuine Renault boot lid sticker for sale if you interested? £20 posted. Cheers.

will_2111
11-12-2013, 21:17
Sorry guys, I'm not fussed about the boot sticker haha! There is one on there, that's all that matters to me! :)

A heatshield though... If anyone manages to find the source for one I'd be very interested. Meanwhile, what can I use as a bodge? Have people made them?

will_2111
11-12-2013, 21:22
http://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/products/Renault-Clio-Williams-Heatshield-(Centre).html

Is this the correct one?

Dean250
11-12-2013, 21:42
No that's the centre one under the car.

The Manifold heat shield is around £80 from Renault but I think they stopped doing them, or sold the last of them

16v_paddy
11-12-2013, 21:57
Sorry guys, I'm not fussed about the boot sticker haha! There is one on there, that's all that matters to me! :)

A heatshield though... If anyone manages to find the source for one I'd be very interested. Meanwhile, what can I use as a bodge? Have people made them?

People have made their own using this stuff http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nimbus-GII-Heat-Shield-615mm-x-600MM-/141105709762?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20da8e42c2

I only briefly searched but I'm sure it's cheaper elsewhere

simongore
09-02-2014, 17:35
I have a genuine Renault boot lid sticker for sale if you interested? £20 posted. Cheers.
Hi there talking fish
can you tell me more about this sticker that I
is wrong on this car as I have just bought it and am keen to bring it up to the standard it deserves.
also do you know what's wrong with the rear wiper?
thanks
simon

talkingfish
09-02-2014, 20:23
The sticker is unfortunately an oversized replica... I have a genuine Renault one available. The rear wiper is off a phase two model so you will need to source a phase one item (it is a lot thicker and squarer in appearance)

simongore
09-02-2014, 20:56
I see
I am interested in the sticker from you £20 you say....
can I ask you to hold till next week and I will pay then
thanks simon

09-02-2014, 22:18
Hi there talking fish
can you tell me more about this sticker that I
is wrong on this car as I have just bought it and am keen to bring it up to the standard it deserves.
also do you know what's wrong with the rear wiper?
thanks
simon

See here for sizes and positions.... your side stickers look slightly wrong as well.:-(

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?41069-Sticker-location-again/page6

Regards 0014

simongore
10-02-2014, 18:31
Thanks for the info on the stickers
i am seriously thinking about painting the whole car to make it concourse so I will have to change them then I think

glyn211269
10-02-2014, 23:48
Where are you based Simon?? Only I live just a couple of miles from where you bought 0049 from and have a mint Willy 1 if you ever need any assistance....

simongore
11-02-2014, 06:31
Thanks glyn

would like to see your car but I live in Carlisle

maybe at a meet?

is there shows up north?

simon

danopv6
17-06-2014, 09:21
Hi guys,

FIXED THE PROBLEM! :D

She is now running sweet as a nut, and I have fallen right back in love! I was just being an impatient little scrote!

Still for sale in the New Year i expect, but want to have my fun with her for now.

Thank you for all your messages and help guys, really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Will

hey Will,

might i I ask what the stuttering problem was in the end and how you managed to resolve it?

glad it got sorted.

dan

FATBOY
17-06-2014, 21:22
i had that same part throttle kangarooing on mine, was a while ago, but bassdirect (on here somewhere) changed over a small part for me under the bonnet (cant remember what it was now) but im sure he would remember.....