PDA

View Full Version : Rejouvination time

Jaymzfc
25-11-2013, 09:50
The willy will be 20 next year so i'm going to be taking her off the road for a couple of months to get her back in shape. Plan is a to get the shocks changed and all the rubber bushes, front calipers, engine water flush, water pump and timing belt. While im at it change the noisy p/s pump as it's driving me nuts.The running boards towards the jacking points need doing as well so ill get that done as well. Interior wise the bolster on the driverside is starting to tear which is a pain and the passenger electric window is very very slow now. I'll strip her down as much as possible and get the whole car cleaned and serviced ready for another 20 years of fun.

Need a couple of opinions.
The rear bumper seems to be sagging a bit and the gap between it and the tail lights is enough to put my fingers in, any idea what causes this and if there is a solution apart from a new bumper (are they still available from Renault?)

Any one know how many clips the roof rails take either side?

Trim strips on the bumpers are they still available?

Is the P/S pump replacement a engine out job ?

Will put some pics up when it's all being done

Jaymz

Vandella
25-11-2013, 13:27
trim strips for the bumpers are still available.. I got a rear one few weeks back.. nearly £30 tho.. and the fronts are available too.. the pas pump can be done with engine in situ.. bit more of a pain.. do it the same time u do the water pump..

16v_paddy
25-11-2013, 18:16
Can't remember how many clips are on the roof trims but they're available from renault still http://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/products/Renault-Clio-Williams-Roof-Moulding-Clips-%28Pack-of-20%29.html

Jaymzfc
30-11-2013, 17:55
Any idea why the rear bumper would sag??. I can pretty much fit my fingers between it and the rear lights.? Also was driving home in the dark and noticed that the heater dials dont seem to be lite up, now either im going nuts or is this normal ??? Or has something else gone tits up.

northy
16-12-2013, 09:54
is the rear light fitted correctly....sometimes they dont clip in at the bottom and give a big gap