PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question on value

16v_paddy
24-11-2013, 00:19
Lets say I have an immaculate Williams 1, rebuilt engine and completely standard. Freshly done arches (That's MatBrown out of the picture :lol: ) so we're talking properly restored & equally as good as talkingfish's old car.

What would be a reasonable amount of money to advertise/sell it for?

Reason I ask is that I'll have 1 like this for sale at some point in the new year, I've got a number in my head but would value other peoples help/opinions to see if this number in my head is realistic, optimistic or even pessimistic

andreas395
24-11-2013, 02:01
I got near on 4 g for mine with out a rebuilt engine and it was a w2 so say £5000 to the right person

cliorod
24-11-2013, 11:14
Paddy,
I think it is all relative,depending on what the buyer is prepared to pay,Im a great believer in the fact of what seller/buyer agree upon and honesty and integrity.
For example,I knew what I would accept for the Irish Car....you were happy with the price...irrespective of what the Forum members may think.If you have a figure...just try it out...you must know its value to you.
When I sold the Williams road car ....I got silly offers of around £500,for a car with mint rear panels ...no rust,12 months MOT,3 Months tax,FSH and had the cam belt done but with 154k miles on the engine,I was looking for £1200 ono....eventually got fed up with the "nob-heads" and got £1100 on a trade in for the diesel
Rodders
Rodders

ianbirch
24-11-2013, 13:40
If it is equal to 0425 that should give you a reasonable guide.... having said that the supply of excellent Williams seems to have reach the stage where every one needs to be treated on its exact merits.

Also as stated by Rodders their exact worth is what you can get somebody to pay for it at the time you wish to sell.

Willant paid 10K for a Williams 3 because that's what it was worth to him.

Regards Ian

16v_paddy
24-11-2013, 20:55
All valid points, the fact that there's almost none for sale atm - well apart from 1 with a shagged gearbox in scotland - makes it a bit more difficult to put a price on it so for now it's pure guesswork :???:

northy
26-11-2013, 16:15
depends on what else has been done -

Paper work for engine rebuild, full respray or blend local, mileage etc

16v_paddy
26-11-2013, 20:31
depends on what else has been done -

That's the bit I'm dreading when I start pulling it apart, what hidden gems will I find :lol:

Daz.
26-11-2013, 22:37
You can name your price - it just depends on who see's it and how deep their pockets are for that particular car.

For me it can be a case of right price, right time, right person.

When I bought my Megane I knew I wanted a Trophy so the fact I had a choice of two at that point in my preferred travelling distance dictated the price I was going to pay not what I had previously decided.

talkingfish
28-11-2013, 16:03
Has the bay been done? Would you say it was concours standard? If so, then upwards of £6k.... As people say, you will need someone to come along at the right moment who wants to spend that sort of money...

northy
28-11-2013, 17:05
when do we get to see pictures.....

There is only so far a restoration can go before other bits arnt up to standard.....look at the seats on 0001 - then compair to a used car.

walters300
28-11-2013, 22:19
The only way to make money on a Williams restore is if you can do 90% of the work yourself and you buy a reasonable car very cheaply, and then all trim/ interior/nuts/ bolts/ brakes exhaust etc etc have to be original and pristine to get top money, I've spent 30hrs on maxi replica wheels I'm doing and there still not done... To get a Williams from run of the mill or worse to top class standard will take a few hundred hours in my current experience. Milage and owners/ service history are critical too in my opinion, when you think a 197 can be bought for £3500 the Williams is holding value exceptionally well, I know you think the Williams is a homo car but take it for a drive, bond with it!! And you won't want to sell it then, you can be a homo too paddy :approve:

16v_paddy
29-11-2013, 08:22
^^That's the reason I'm getting 1, I can do the work myself :winkey: I've just dropped lucky with cash, space to work & the ability/knowledge to take on the project and a reasonable enough base car to start with.
Driven plenty of williams but I still don't want 1 to keep plus I've got a proper version with roll cage & itb's so a "normal" just aint gonna cut it, plus I'm always going to be a Valver man, original is best for me & I don't go for all the marketing hype of special edition clio's. At 1 point I wanted to replace my valver with a Trophy, drove 1 & decided it wasn't good enough and to top it off I don't like 449 :lol:

northy
29-11-2013, 15:31
how u getting on with the rally car then....not seen many updates

16v_paddy
29-11-2013, 17:53
how u getting on with the rally car then....not seen many updates

Had a bad case of life getting in the way & being an utter twat, completely stopped all progress :-( Back on it now & should be ordering a diff in the next few weeks :-D

walters300
29-11-2013, 19:15
The best refurb project will be the one that takes time at each stage to mull over to each individual item and action to ensure every part and every refurbishment effort down to the last washer is considered and carried out to the best practice inline with the originality of the car, sometimes you have to agree with yourself that an experienced vendor will have to do it as they have a craft. if you put in the time and not neccessarily the money you could achieve something very special. Go on paddy give it 100%

Coops
29-11-2013, 20:36
i'll swap you one of my fleet for it paddy lah ;)