PDA

View Full Version : bonnet adjustment

will 2
03-11-2013, 14:05
I need to move my bonnet forward a bit so that it don't catch the door edge when closed, but the only adjustment I can see is left to right, is there a way of doing this
thanks gareth

Vandella
03-11-2013, 21:22
the four bolts where the bonnet attaches and the brackets are the way to get this done.. just trial and error to when its straight.. tis ideally a two man job. if the brackets are straight then undo the four bolts that attach the bonnet to the brackets and move slightly.. mark if necessary, then see how it fits.. then repeat until flush.. thats how i got around it after i had me engine out n the garage didnt put it on straight..

MattDilley
03-11-2013, 21:48
The bonnet shouldn't rub the doors on the little adjustment renault provide.
Has the car had a bump at the front? As the front panel may want pulling forward...

will 2
03-11-2013, 22:34
The bonnet shouldn't rub the doors on the little adjustment renault provide.
Has the car had a bump at the front? As the front panel may want pulling forward...

car has not had any bumps, but this is a new bonnet , not sure if the bonnet has been slightly bent in transit as there are no signs of damage unless its very slight

pvsmark
04-11-2013, 10:40
Mine was similar and I have temp fixed it by putting washers on the brackets so that the bonnet is moved forward slightly when shut, the other way is to move the locking mechanism higher but it looks a bit odd.