PDA

View Full Version : What would this Williams 1 be worth?

djs93
24-08-2013, 11:09
Hi guys, I'm new here and in need of abit of help and advice.

There is a Williams 1 I know of locally, my Dad does work for the people and has known them for many years.
It's the original Williams 1 (1993 L plate)

Now I'm thinking about buying the car and either keeping it myself or selling it on. I'd like to know how much you think it's worth now, and how much it would be worth once I've sorted it out.

I've had a good look around and found out what's what and what will need replacing and stuff

Here's the main details of it

2 Owners from new
56000 miles
Been stored for about 8 years but we have heard it running
Couple of small dents in the boot
All 4 tyres will need replacing
Wheels in need of possible refurb
The rear arches are actually pretty damn good and not very rusty at all
Underneath the car (as far as I can see) the rear axle seems pretty rusted up, pretty solid but would need a bit of work doing
Interior in excellent condition
I should imagine the suspension and joints would need replacing
Engine would obviously need a full service and cambelt replacing

That's all I know about it really, I think I could get it for about £1300

What do you guys think about that ? Could I make a profit on it or not ?
Thanks in advance!

p4cks
24-08-2013, 12:12
If you get that for £1,300 then it's an absolute steal.

djs93
24-08-2013, 12:46
What would be the value of it if it was in good condition and I tidied it up abit. As it's only had 2 owners and only 55k miles it should be fairly good ?

p4cks
24-08-2013, 12:56
£4k if it's got decent history

ianbirch
24-08-2013, 13:07
Could be worth more than 4K if it needs no remedial bodywork and is still on original paint... get the dents in the boot done paintlessly.

Without seeing it very difficult to tell.... as one persons MINT is another persons average.

Cheers Ian

djs93
24-08-2013, 14:12
Bodywork was in pretty good condition, a few scratches here and there but should polish up well considering the age. The dents were right on the boot ridge so may take a bit more work to get them out but should be easy enough. Yeah I did have a photo somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. I'm going to price up how much it would be for the 4 new tyres cambelt change service and the things I definatly know it needs doing.

long~bar
24-08-2013, 16:03
Bodywork was in pretty good condition, a few scratches here and there but should polish up well considering the age. The dents were right on the boot ridge so may take a bit more work to get them out but should be easy enough. Yeah I did have a photo somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. I'm going to price up how much it would be for the 4 new tyres cambelt change service and the things I definatly know it needs doing.

4 tyres- £350
cambelt kit £120 odd(free if u fit it yourself)
service- £50ish with filters and oil.
cheap!:D

djs93
24-08-2013, 16:47
My biggest concern is the brakes and suspension after sitting for so long are bound to be rusted and siezed :|

long~bar
24-08-2013, 17:09
My biggest concern is the brakes and suspension after sitting for so long are bound to be rusted and siezed :|
May aswell upgrade then

FATBOY
26-08-2013, 14:04
bargain!!!!! get some pics up!! :)

Jamie.
26-08-2013, 15:03
Yeah - I'd like to see some pics.

walters300
26-08-2013, 18:49
Best way to make money on this is sell straight away, I bet if you stuck it on eBay as is with that milage and number of owners it would go for 2k plus, or you could spend £1500 and get near 4k. If your hearts not in it a quick turnaround is better, I bet there's one or two on here dying to get there hands on it!!!

northy
27-08-2013, 08:57
Any pictures of your current car Dan???

djs93
27-08-2013, 17:34
Any pictures of your current car Dan???

I will try and get some photo's this week, and how do you know my name.. :lol:

djs93
28-08-2013, 18:19
The main thing is I'd want to get an MOT on it, clean it up best I can and then sell it on. Things I'm worrying about is the fact it's not been on the road in so long and I can't see much underneath it. I'll try and describe the bodywork the best I can without pics for now, no rust on any of the panels, there is one very small rust bubble behind one of the rear arches. Underneath the car as far as I can see where the spare wheel goes the frame looks pretty rusty as does the rear axle. Not completely corroded just surface rust from what I can see. It's missing one front fog light, the windscreen seal has just lifted in one place, 2 smallish dents in the boot. All of which can be fixed easily. I'm most worried about the suspension and joints will all need replacing as they're bound to be shot at for being off the road in so long. The best things about it, is the mileage, only 2 owners from new, the interior is immaculate, and the exterior panels all seem good and straight and virtually rust free. How cheap can second hand suspension be bought for ? Hope all that makes sense!

Jamie.
29-08-2013, 13:28
If mileage is genuine and you're happy to worst case break it - you'll never lose money on £1,500.

Shame you want to sell it on - sounds like a keeper to me.

bigmattreid
11-09-2013, 22:31
The main thing is I'd want to get an MOT on it, clean it up best I can and then sell it on. Things I'm worrying about is the fact it's not been on the road in so long and I can't see much underneath it. I'll try and describe the bodywork the best I can without pics for now, no rust on any of the panels, there is one very small rust bubble behind one of the rear arches. Underneath the car as far as I can see where the spare wheel goes the frame looks pretty rusty as does the rear axle. Not completely corroded just surface rust from what I can see. It's missing one front fog light, the windscreen seal has just lifted in one place, 2 smallish dents in the boot. All of which can be fixed easily. I'm most worried about the suspension and joints will all need replacing as they're bound to be shot at for being off the road in so long. The best things about it, is the mileage, only 2 owners from new, the interior is immaculate, and the exterior panels all seem good and straight and virtually rust free. How cheap can second hand suspension be bought for ? Hope all that makes sense!

Sent you a pm.

Matt