PDA

View Full Version : Gr.A scuttle induction - vibrations

kmetek
20-08-2013, 19:15
Hi guys!

Soo, over the winter I installed a Gr.A scuttle induction kit on my valver and I`m having problems with vibrating scuttle panel since then. The vibrations, probably caused by some resonance, are around 3-4k rpm. I tried a lot off rubber and foam material, but the vibrations are still there. If I put the scuttle panel off, everythnik is OK, so the problem is in the panel. How do you deal with the problem? How and where to fix the panel, to stay still and not vibrate?

This is how it sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5jp3s-CE1A

The problem is only when the secondary throttle plate is opened, when not, the vibrations are not present. Any ideas?

Thanks!

jock
20-08-2013, 21:43
Not sure what noise you are worried about from the video ? They are much noisier as the pipe inlet is a metre nearer your head and the other side of the bulkhead which you will have cut a hole in to make room for the pipework, to make use of the higher pressure cold air.

(I do remember a mid rev range exhaust booming which seemed amplified with the k+n filter that was on mine when I bought it so I binned it and went back to standard which was quieter and quicker with the engine warm.)

kmetek
21-08-2013, 21:13
The induction is already installed ;-)

There are vibrations around 3-4k rpm and you can hear it from the video (0:12-0:14), after 4k rpm the noise is much cleaner.