27-08-2005, 14:59
:shock: 8)

Dancliovalver
27-08-2005, 15:42
i c mr stromba is there lol

NickFr
27-08-2005, 17:40
i c mr stromba is there lol

39 posts on his first day :shock: ....so far....in 19 days he will have matched my 700 posts that have taken me 8 months :lol:

u33db
28-08-2005, 13:05
Hmm...i see we've been spotted and mentioned already!!

Well i'll just add that (kinda obviously from the address), the new forum is aimed at all Clio 1.8 16v/Williams/R19 16v/Spyder/Megane 2ltr 16v owners.

Its not intended to detract from WC in anyway so don't consider it a rival, consider it a sister site. :D

Anyway, i'd appeciate you taking the time to stop by and hopefully make it a success - hopefully it'll give you acccess to new useful people you won't have met before!

Many thanks!

Site design is still WIP so call back for frequent updates...

NickFr
28-08-2005, 16:36
Might have something to do with you advertising your Web address as your location yesterday. As for it being a " Sister " site, a little bit forward IMO given, you have been " spotted " rather than mentioning your intention of creating a new site. I wish you luck, but I hope you don't think I am being a little churlish but why?....what are you going to offer that isn't currently available already. If you can be creative and innovative then fine...but if it is like Holby City v Casualty....spot the difference :? None really...the good news is that in a couple of weeks your post count will rival any site! KS has a new home....53 posts containing nothing of any benefit to anyone other than filling all the threads like he has done on the Trophy site.....can't wait :roll:

Mattie
28-08-2005, 18:26
Might have something to do with you advertising your Web address as your location yesterday. As for it being a " Sister " site, a little bit forward IMO given, you have been " spotted " rather than mentioning your intention of creating a new site. I wish you luck, but I hope you don't think I am being a little churlish but why?....what are you going to offer that isn't currently available already. If you can be creative and innovative then fine...but if it is like Holby City v Casualty....spot the difference :? None really...the good news is that in a couple of weeks your post count will rival any site! KS has a new home....53 posts containing nothing of any benefit to anyone other than filling all the threads like he has done on the Trophy site.....can't wait :roll:

IMO that was out of order.....fair enough ur entitled 2 ur own opinion but theres no need 2 slate his site.....if e wants 2 create his own site then gd luk 2 him!

Jamie.
28-08-2005, 18:38

IMO that was out of order.....fair enough ur entitled 2 ur own opinion but theres no need 2 slate his site.....if e wants 2 create his own site then gd luk 2 him!

i agree with that too Ill

NickFr
28-08-2005, 18:52
I believe that if you read my post you will find I have not slated his site at all, merely asked him why....and what will the differences be....I, also if you READ the post...wished him good luck.

The fact that he expressed " surprise " at being spotted, having used this forum as a blatant advert for his own site, I personally thought was poor form.....so if you are as you are perfectly entitled to do, wish to critisise my post....please be accurate in your statements.

Now, prehaps I will receive a reply from the person to whom my questions were put.....because as you so graciously mentioned, I am entitled to my own opinion.

Or prehaps, you would like to deal with the points I raised??

Mattie
28-08-2005, 19:22
ok maybe i was wrong wen i sed u slated his site, and as u say u just askd him why and to what diferences he offers.....to me these questions just seemd abit sarcastic just as u sed in ur last post if i were 2 READ ur post as i have dun, this also seems sarcastic as no doubt it is, 2 me it seemd u did slate his site, just not directly, maybe i just took what u sed in the wrong context 4 which i appologise but thats juts the way it came across!

as 4 the part about him using this site 2 addvertise his own site im not disputing that as i have no idea wether he has or has not done this....

i dont c any inacuracy in my critacism as i only sed theres no need 2 slate his site and as i sed earlier maybe i was wrong in sayin this but its how it came across, but again as i sed earlier maybe it was just the way i tuk it?!

Gav
28-08-2005, 20:10
end of the day its another website, im sure it isnt competition just the fun of owning your own site.

A bit wrong to advertise it on here, but then again where else is he gonna advertise it, not like members from here who have paid money to be a member are gonna suddenly get up and leave WC.co.uk just nice to have more than one option in sites, cant find nothing here go there and vice versa :D

u33db
29-08-2005, 03:38

What am i going to offer? Well, have a look at the likes of retro-renault.com - you'll see theres a VAST array of knowledge from people who deal with R19/Megane F7's yet don't fall under the banner of williams/clio owners and as such people are missing out...its kinda an alienation thing to some degree and i hope to bridge this gap.

As i said, i don't want to detract from WC as the cars now somewhat legendary and deserve a dedicated following but, at the sametime, i'd like to pool the resources of people who, in effect, drive cars powered by a near identical engine.

Also, as i'm sure WC admin will agree, running a site is a lot of work and not something you'll do just for a laugh/annoy people - theres plenty of things we'd all rather do with our time if it weren't for the fact we see a gap thats needs filled....

Finally, the comments about me advertising...i wasn't aware that inserting a URL into my profile was blatent and poor form...if it is then i apologise.

NickFr
29-08-2005, 09:37
Thank you for an intelligent and coherent response to the points I raised...good luck and I wish you every success :wink:

u33db
29-08-2005, 11:17
Surprisingly coherant now i've read it back...that was after getting in from 6 hours out doing the pub happy hours! :shock: :D

NickFr
29-08-2005, 11:22
Surprisingly coherant now i've read it back...that was after getting in from 6 hours out doing the pub happy hours! :shock: :D

F**K me you must have been HAPPY :P

u33db
29-08-2005, 11:53
LOL!

FATBOY
29-08-2005, 12:32
glad thats sorted! good luck u33DB i wish you every success

northy
30-08-2005, 09:56
looks like the basis of a good site.....keep it up mate.

u33db
30-08-2005, 11:06
Many thanks for the support guys...busy trying to find the time to do updates atm...more time consuming than i thought i'd be...i guess you guys now all about it tho! :D

northy
30-08-2005, 11:16
oh yes....wait untill u have to start moderating ! u will soon release how much goes on behind the scenes.

one tip....nip any bad posts in the bud sooner rather than later and do not be affraid to remove users ! keep things smooth and u will do fine mate.