PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully the Williams will be back in my possesion tomorrow!

a_hewi@yahoo.co.uk
13-08-2013, 21:34
Took my Williams 3 in for all the rot to be cut out and sorted properly at a body shop in Cannock, it's been with them for 2 weeks whilst a metal fabricator sorts the panels out etc etc etc. Given the cars that go through there which I have witnessed whilst calling in for a progress report (Various top end Audi's, R8 and a Ferrari) I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks. I've requested pictures from start to finish so we shall see if this has happened. Only 1 problem my misses wont drive the Williams due to the hard clutch but has fell in love with the mk5 golf diesel I've had whilst its been in!!

16v_paddy
13-08-2013, 21:55
What you need is a soft pedal conversion but saying that, the normal clutch should mean she wont want to nick the car off you to go for a joyride

Hoppo1979
14-08-2013, 07:33
Wow, would love to see pics mate when you get it back! Mines getting there mechanically but someone's bodged the bodywork, so mine will be getting sorted properly soon, engine out and panels removed.

a_hewi@yahoo.co.uk
15-08-2013, 22:22
Wow, would love to see pics mate when you get it back! Mines getting there mechanically but someone's bodged the bodywork, so mine will be getting sorted properly soon, engine out and panels removed.

Went to view today, the A frames and drivers side rear arch are fantastic and I couldn't be happier with the finish, it's being painted tomorrow so I'm due to pick it back up next Wednesday as that's the earliest I will be back down in Cannock as I live in Wigan.

northy
16-08-2013, 14:12
where abouts in wigan are u mate - not seen a 3 running around

any pictures of the work so far???

a_hewi@yahoo.co.uk
16-08-2013, 16:39
where abouts in wigan are u mate - not seen a 3 running around

any pictures of the work so far???

I'm in Pemberton Northy, I work between Leigh and Cannock in Staffordshire so my Williams 3 is in a body shop down in Cannock at present, I'll get all the pictures once I pick it up, the bodyshop owner told me he's taken them at each stage, hopefully this becomes true, having seen the quality of the arch work last night fingers crossed the paint work is just as good. I've spoken to wrighty about some new decals as I obviously need them!!!

a_hewi@yahoo.co.uk
21-08-2013, 22:06
well it's back in my possesion and I couldnt be happier, downside, no pictures but i'm really pleased with the finish compared to what it did look like! The wheels are next on the hit list to be saved for.

This weekend will be spent fitting the replacement boot (no rust), possibly get the standard exhaust fitted and remove loud sebring back box, then slot the as new parcel shelf from packs into place.

16v_paddy
21-08-2013, 23:20
Surely you mean the weekend will be spent taking lots of photos :winkey: