PDA

View Full Version : Tapping noise and water/condensation from exhaust

Dean250
22-07-2013, 11:30
I pulled my Williams out of the garage at the weekend I noticed the engine has started tapping, the oil level and condition is fine but I am about to change this, I know this can be a common problem and can be caused by a few things, the lifters being the main one.

I've also noticed I seem to be getting alot of water dribbling from the exhaust leaving a rusty coloured patch on my drive where the tail pipe is!

I'm not driving the car at present but I am running it up to temp from time to time, is this normal or condensation from not being driven?

until the tapping the engine has ran very sweetly despite not being on the road since 2007. Much quiter than many I viewed.

Dean

Wobba
22-07-2013, 11:32
Sounds like it needs a good long run tbh.

Water builds up in the exhaust, normal.

Tappy due to lack of thrashing probably!

andreas395
22-07-2013, 11:46
Yeah what Wobba said both of mine were tappy when left awhile and don't hear a thing now on my number 2 runs sweet and you should of seen the smoke that came out of mine from sitting there for 3 years lol don't worry it's not broke its just gagging to get used :)

jamiecrookston83
22-07-2013, 12:06
Mine is the same Dean..

Dean250
22-07-2013, 12:19
I actually ran it around street then the tapping came! I cant wait to get it on the roads such cool little cars, surprises me when I get it out people ask about it even though it looks as tatty as hell!

still trying to source some parts but while its in bits I should have time in next few weeks to sort the mechanicals for mot!

andreas395
22-07-2013, 13:19
Just needs a good run, what oil you using at the mo ?
what parts you trying to get mate ?

Dean250
22-07-2013, 13:28
I'm after a good front bumper with mounting lugs and the black rub strip in decent condition, bought 2 bumpers so far but both poor.

my cars bumper was cracked and mounts damaged.

also need a grille! Amongst various other bits but there the main items.

once I have a bumper think Matt has the rest.

Just about to put a champion filter and Elf oil from Renault in. 5w 40 semi synth I think, they recommended that for the amount of usage.