PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Cable issue's

Vandella
12-07-2013, 13:57
Hey Chaps as mentioned in a previous post my clutch cable snapped again at the weekend.. its routed correctly.. what could be the cause for it to go twice in less than a year? it snapped about 4-6 inches from the pedal end.. so have the stopper and that amount of cable attached to it... im looking for relating issue that could cause it to snap.. the pedal is fine.. box is fine.. if the clutch fork that goes into the box is bent or in the wrong place (not sure how it could be) would this cause extra load on the cable? the clutch was from rpd, so I presume its the right clutch.. quite frustrating as u can imagine as I would have hoped it would last bit longer, or take abit more abuse.. Any Idea's?

p4cks
12-07-2013, 14:25
Is it a genuine Renault one or a pattern one? I used to have trouble with the latter when I had a 19 16v back in the day and eventually got one from Renault which although more expensive, stopped snapping.

16v_paddy
12-07-2013, 18:18
Is it a genuine Renault one or a pattern one? I used to have trouble with the latter when I had a 19 16v back in the day and eventually got one from Renault which although more expensive, stopped snapping.

I'm gonna throw a spanner into the works now as I've had the opposite problem in the past :lol:

The plastic bush that the fork pivots on could have worn out & worn through the fork itself