PDA

View Full Version : Squirting

Vandella
12-07-2013, 08:58
5860Hey chaps, maybe not what you had in mind by the title! to go with the issue I had with there being a near the fuel filter and was weeping, after a temp fix and my clutch cable snapping again on Sunday.. took the car down to get it the cable changed and noticed a very strong smell of fuel.. open the bonnet and this little bugger on the rail was squirting fuel everywhere.. including over a warming engine.. but moving the pipe around stops it, its made the rail nice n clean but can anyone tell me is this the return or the feed? could it be a possibility that when working on the pipe from the fuel filter up to the engine..(where the join is) that I could have pulled this about from by the filter end n made it loose on the rail? is it the same pipe?

16v_paddy
12-07-2013, 18:25
What's more likely is that the pipe has split as those clips can't come loose as such, they're either fully clamped or open. I should know this as I was pissing about with those pipes on mine a few weeks ago, but I can't remember which is the return & the feed :oops: