PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Im new :D

Tony
10-07-2013, 00:45
Hello everyone!

I'm in the very privileged position to be in possession of a Renault Clio Williams for FREE! :D (legally as well)

My dad bought the car after his work colleague got hit into and the car was written off :(. Dad repaired the cosmetic damage, it barely got hit just damaged wing, bumper and light but whilst he did so the car developed starting issues and eventually didnt start at all. Dad blamed immobilizer and as he doesnt like electrics the car sat looking sad for over 3 years.

So ive been asking about the clio ever since dad got it but never could afford insurance. I decided my current car, BMW e36 325i that i use for drifting, is being taken off the road as its quite risky to drive it to and from events. I needed a new road car and there sat the Clio. I set up a deal with dad that i get to drive it for a year if i can get it on the road (then he wants to sell it).

So i fixed her up and took her for MoT today. Failed, but hey has been sitting for years and surprisingly didnt fail on much so hopefully will pass after i repair a few things.

No pictures as of yet but will get some soon.

Also sorry for being a jammy git and getting a Williams for free, all hate welcome :p.

jamiecrookston83
10-07-2013, 07:33
Welcome Along Tony...

p4cks
10-07-2013, 08:02
The price of the car is immaterial compared to the amount you are going to be spending on it ;)

Welcome to the fold!

jock
10-07-2013, 18:03
Hello,
hope you still feel as jammy in 6 months time! lol,
ditto what p4cks said, but they are fun to drive. :)

Tony
10-07-2013, 22:37
Are these things temperamental then? My mum has had basically every shape of clio and ive hated working on everyone of them, the williams seems worth it though.

p4cks
11-07-2013, 07:57
... ive hated working on everyone of them, the williams seems worth it though.

Got it in one.

Wobba
11-07-2013, 15:50
Cool. What did it fail on?

Most things are easy to sort out, just get to know the car and it's workings first :)

Tony
11-07-2013, 18:01
Front springs both dead, plus loads of very minor things. I though springs would be a cheap fix but no! is the only place to get them from renault?

Tony
11-07-2013, 18:03
I can post the fail sheet if your interested?

FATBOY
11-07-2013, 21:50
glad you made it on here at last ;0) enjoy ur stay ......

MatBrown
14-07-2013, 00:31
I can supply some good 2nd hand springs.