PDA

View Full Version : DAT

a_hewi@yahoo.co.uk
07-07-2013, 23:30
Hi All,

Recently joined, previously had to valvers many many years ago and despite going through all the hot hatches known to man and then onto the 'family vehicles' i've decided to get myself back into the clio scene and picked up my williams 3 this afternoon, now located in Wigan, Lancashire.

The car has a little bit of work needed, light work on 1 arch and at the bottom of the A pillars, wheels require refurbing and the speedo cable is intermittant but after a 300 mile drive home i must say the car is very tight indeed and pulls very well.

I'm used to the heavy clutches on these but myself and the previous owner fiormly believe a performance clutch has been put in this because it is very hard and the biting distance does make setting off a very unique skill indeed!!

Anyway i'll be trawling the site looking to pick up some new bits etc.

Andy

Dean250
10-07-2013, 23:05
Hi mate, enjoy the car! I did consider looking at DAT and had a good chat with the owner who was very honest about her! it was a good trek so left it and as you say needs the arch replacing, I thought it looked sat too high at the front also for some reason but might have been the photos and angle it was parked at. Shouldn't take too much to sort into a good motor! Dean

a_hewi@yahoo.co.uk
30-07-2013, 00:22
Car is going in for restoration on Wednesday for all rust to be cut out around the A pillars, drivers door mounting and sill area and the drivers side rear arch and petrol cap area.

a_hewi@yahoo.co.uk
26-10-2013, 15:37
Car now Sold to Nick who lives in Bodmin - Cornwall.

nik667
27-10-2013, 22:57
Now tucked up in the garage at my house - thanks Andy..

garley561
30-01-2015, 00:35
Currently just south of Bedford, I tell you what, you guys have looked after her! A tiny little bit of rust coming through on the passenger side rear arch, but going to sort it soon, not going to let her die from rust!

a_hewi@yahoo.co.uk
01-02-2015, 18:52
Enjoy

Smokey McPot
17-08-2015, 15:27
Currently just south of Bedford, I tell you what, you guys have looked after her! A tiny little bit of rust coming through on the passenger side rear arch, but going to sort it soon, not going to let her die from rust!

Is it you I keep seeing parked outside Halfords on Rope Walk?

garley561
17-08-2015, 17:24
Yep, I work there, not just going there for the fun of it!