PDA

View Full Version : Feul Line

Vandella
01-07-2013, 13:44
5859Hey chaps, found an issue over the weekend.. the fuel line that goes from the fuel filter up to the engine.. has decided to start weeping from this join.. not dripping yet but I can see it getting worse and quite dangerous as I smoke.. should there even be a join there.. as you can see from the pic.. can anyone think of a reason why it would have a split/join there? have spoke to Renault and these pipes are no longer available.. :-( is it difficult to swap over?

Wobba
01-07-2013, 14:50
I can't view these pics at work, but is it the join under the drivers seat just before it gets to the wheel arch?

I replaced my hoses with proper braided fuel lines. It's not actually that hard to do, just depressurise the system first so you don't spray petrol in your eyes etc.

Vandella
01-07-2013, 17:09
well its just in front of the drivers rear wheel.. it comes out of the plastic covers/shield/protector underneath then to the fuel filter.. where it bends to go round on to the filter.. but the clips that hold it all up there is a join.. how much were your braided lines? thinking that may be an idea to replace with but I cant imagine they'll be cheap!!?

MatBrown
02-07-2013, 08:04
No that join shouldn't be there, I have a pipe available.

Vandella
02-07-2013, 10:46
sweet mat, add that to the bolts please.. total?

Wobba
02-07-2013, 11:20
:matbrown:

lols :)

Chris H
05-07-2013, 18:00
Future reference since mats fixed it for you with a new pipe is the plastic pipes can be repaired with compression fixings. Any truck garage will have them for air lines but they are fuel resistant and I have sorted countless pipes this way. Stones usually burst them or they rub through