PDA

View Full Version : wiring loom help or thoughts

Nibs83
29-06-2013, 18:38
Hi folks, can someone lend me their thoughts, the car has a 16v loom for starters, it is a 16v shell but full Willy running gear but after the build i'm convinced I have broken wire somewhere, just can't get it to run On 4 cylinders. Compression is through the roof, 180 to 200 New plugs, New leads, New injectors, coil pack tested, getting fuel, iscv fine, New dizzy cap, rotar arm, good spark, map sensor fine, tdc sensor fine, 2 different ecus tried, I have tried everything.bar the loom change, I even bought a proper 95 Willy 3 complete as a doner. How far back do I need to go to change the loom over. My white plug is as follows http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w568/nibs83/DSC_0038_zps87e98557.jpg

The Willy 3 doner just has 2 purple. Can I just go from the 2 main plugs behind the passenger side dashboard or do I need to change the whole car front to rear. Dash included.
Any help I'd be eternally grateful

MatBrown
30-06-2013, 09:33
I have gotten away with just swapping the engine and scuttle loom in the past.

Nibs83
30-06-2013, 20:48
Super, pm sent mat, cheers

Chris H
05-07-2013, 18:15
If it runs on three then your barking up the wrong wooden pole. Bear in mind these are primitive I mean really basic, this is lego basic stuff. The injection is batch fired and it runs a dizzy and utilises 2 pick ups on a flywheel. Basically swapping the loom won't sort this issue out. If compression is fine then its either fuel or spark. Fuel all injectors are fired together so if all are pulsing (use your finger to feel) then the loom to them and ecu feed is ok. It doesn't rule out a blockage not allowing fuel through though. If the trouble cylinder injector isn't firing then its either dead or the wire to the injector is broke or more likely one of the injector plug pins has pushed back into the plug a bit. Check the injectors resistance it should match the others, the ohm figure I can't recall, I can't even remember if they are high or low impedance injectors, I deal with thousands a week so hard to remember them all. Spark if its not sparking then the lead is breaking down, a dead plug or an issue with the cap. It can't be anything else as if its sparking on its mated cylinder then it has to be that. Easy way to rule out a dead plug or lead is swap the lead and plug to another cylinder.

Nibs83
06-07-2013, 23:22
All sorted, loom change thanks to mat and fires now On all 4. Still need to fine tune it but it's def a step in the right direction.