PDA

View Full Version : Kj16v voodoo tuning

alex
24-06-2013, 22:32
I was talked into blowing the dust off the w2 last weekend and taking it to the Clio sport meet at Duxford. Good day out apart from the sh1t weather.
Can't ever see me getting rid of the old girl and to be honest I prefer driving the Williams to the 182. However it highlighted the need to complete the engine overhaul/modifications I did over three years ago. My problem is engine tuning/mapping. I have no trust in anyone to let them loose on the f7r. Is it a hard engine to tune.?

i have been talking to kj16v on the forum. He says it can be done easily and assures me he can improve the drivability. My question is has anyone used him before or know about his work.?

Advise please...

Wobba
24-06-2013, 23:11
KJ is a really top bloke and knows his stuff, but does not shout about it. He can custom map OEM ECU's and can solder super well too. He can pop a EPROM carrier in the ECU for you so you can swap the custom chip back to OEM and vice-versa.

alex
24-06-2013, 23:21
That sounds good. Glad there is someone out there who knows what he is talking about.

Thought there might have been a bigger old school turn out on Saturday. Only me and a tired Williams 1. Where was everyone.??

16v_paddy
24-06-2013, 23:40
That sounds good. Glad there is someone out there who knows what he is talking about.

Thought there might have been a bigger old school turn out on Saturday. Only me and a tired Williams 1. Where was everyone.??

Sorry but I was busy blowing my car up at Castle Combe :gears:

On another note, KJ is a top bloke, not had anything done myself but I know a few of his very happy customers :thumbsup:

alex
25-06-2013, 18:52
Ah shit. Sorry to hear about that.. whats the damage.? Thanks for your replys chaps. Put my mind at rest...

16v_paddy
25-06-2013, 19:42
Head gasket failure & massive overheating, got a full day on track covered 3 lanes of the M5 with coolant on the way home so did it in style 8)

Will be dropping a replacement engine in at the weekend so it's not all doom & gloom

ThRaXaIR
25-06-2013, 22:20
Top chap, Bar what hes done to his own cars my willy2 was his guinea pig before offering his services to other members. That was 5 years ago and still going strong. Just had piper cams fitted and am booked in to get them mapped properly by KJ in a couple of weeks.

So yeah highly recommended! :D