PDA

View Full Version : Todays Club Announcement

fab
25-08-2005, 21:17
Just want to say thanks to Stromba for his posts on the forum as many are interesting and instructive.I am sure they will serve members well in the future.

Dancliovalver
25-08-2005, 21:21
yep thanks mate, you were definatly a laugh from time to time :wink:

Gav
25-08-2005, 22:06
cheers Stromba
Didnt know you too long but you helped me out with parts and car problems from time to time.

Cheers fella =D>

Zollo
25-08-2005, 22:28
Not sure what you did today, but agreed on the above all the same.

Enid
26-08-2005, 09:51
KS will will deffo be missed im my opinion, we have lost a true enthusiast!

NickFr
26-08-2005, 10:10
He will be missed for his enthusiam and sense of humour, warped as it can be. However many of his posts were " destructive" rather than "constructive".....I believe a lot of thought and soul searching has gone into making this decision, he has been banned from several sites....He has IMHO been given enough rope....his demise was self induced. I for one think the matter should be closed, and as such this is my final comment on the matter...time to move on :-#

Enid
26-08-2005, 10:17
I do feel he was pursecuted a bit for saying what he thinks and voicing his opinion. There is nothing worng with saying something negative about a car/product/company if you feel strongly about it. You can't expect everyone to say "oh thats great that is" when there really thinking "Thats a feed of shit", we do have freedom of speech after all. :D

MatBrown
26-08-2005, 11:20
This place gets more like Cliosport everyday.

Mat.

Mattie
26-08-2005, 11:45
stromba had his posative and negative points about him IMO which is why sum will agree and sum will disagree about him getting bannd.....

i think the clubs lost a real enthusiast, however i do agree with NickFr wen e sed e was given more than enough rope and that alot of thought has gone in2 the decision made.....

stromba helpd me out wen help was needed just like so many of u on ere, so id jus like 2 thank im 4 it!....thanks stomba n all the best m8!

Winston
26-08-2005, 12:50
IMO he just needs to bite his tong at times.......he means no harm :P

Das ist Williamsclio.co.uk Ja!!!!!!!????????????

Rich
26-08-2005, 13:01
wrong descision IMHO as i feel he brought a lot of good to the club as well as argueing but who doesnt argue?

a valid point from nick Fr but its only because its been highlihted lately by people looking for him to do it and then running to a mod to grass him up!

rob knows a lot more than most about the williams's heritage and always tries to share that info, he may not be the most mechanical minded but as said on the flip side he knows his facts on the car.

i feel a cliosport type environment heading this way but i hope i'm wrong.

i still respect that northy has decided this as he is a mod and i'm not so i have no power but as said in my opinion i dont think it was the right descision

Lunner
26-08-2005, 17:50
wrong descision IMHO as i feel he brought a lot of good to the club as well as argueing but who doesnt argue?

a valid point from nick Fr but its only because its been highlihted lately by people looking for him to do it and then running to a mod to grass him up!

rob knows a lot more than most about the williams's heritage and always tries to share that info, he may not be the most mechanical minded but as said on the flip side he knows his facts on the car.

i still respect that northy has decided this as he is a mod and i'm not so i have no power but as said in my opinion i dont think it was the right descision

Ditto

Jamie.
26-08-2005, 18:51
i thought it was getting better recently, there seems to have been less arguments/whinging :?

i dont think that it was the right decision either, but then if i thought that he was ruining or significantly affecting the pleasure of others who use the club and i was the "owner" or "creater" (god :wink: ), then maybe i can see Northys & Pauls prespective as i feel this is the way they see it, and if i had spent the time, money and effort on the site like they have then i wouldnt want to see it go down the shitter either. although i dont think that stromba was doing this at all, in fact often i wud log on to see what amusing shit he decided to post, useful or not! ohh well its a shame none the less.

MrAtego
26-08-2005, 22:52
I don't think this was a decision made lightly at all, but, in the end it has been made. I am sure that if Rob feels strongly enough about it and as his love of the williams is there for all to see ( don't dispute that one iota) he will set up a site dedicated to the williams with all the trials tribulations and money problems that go hand in hand with developing a new website.

richy
26-08-2005, 23:15
keep playing with fire and u will get burnt!

richy
26-08-2005, 23:16

rich u got some brown stuff on your nose kid!!! :wink:

Rich
26-08-2005, 23:45
lol no mate just seein things form all sides!

Fred
27-08-2005, 01:43
who??

OneEyedWilly
27-08-2005, 02:07
It amazes me that such an seemingly intelligent guy could be so completely devoid of tact. Shame, but from what little I've seen of him, for every bit of useful input he had, he'd frighten away a couple of potential new members in the same breath.

fab
27-08-2005, 09:56
I believe he stood up for what he believed in and wasnt afraid to write his thoughts or confront/question other persons motives for frequenting the site.
To disassociate yourself from a true enthusiast is never going to be easy however there are other associations on this website that truly need to be questioned for the way they conduct business towards paid members.I hope the club will stand up for its members in this respect.

u33db
27-08-2005, 10:55
Yeah, it was a sad decision IMO.

Smokey McPot
27-08-2005, 15:56
:roll:

jaspa
29-08-2005, 08:40
Yep its a shame to ban him.
maybe he should of kept his mouth shut!
but would you if some people were trying to bait you.

snakeylady
30-08-2005, 12:13
:cry: it's a real shame - good luck in the future mate and all the best- hope you will still maybe come to some of the EA meets if ever we can get up nearer to your way :)