PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Germany

Giller
21-06-2013, 13:47
Hello my Name is Pascale and I'm from Germany.

At the time I am driving a Clio 201 Sport Auto Edition similar to the Raider Edition in the UK. It has two Building Plates. I have number 436 of 699 built worldwide and number 6/99 in Germany. Here is a recent but muddy photo.

http://abload.de/img/img_34217kujh.jpg

I registered here because I plan to Import a Williams from the UK. My first car in 2004 was a Clio I Phase 3 and since then i dreamed of a Williams. Now i have the money and the place to fulfil my dream :)
In Germany it is very hard to find a relative original one and when you find one the prices are rediculous. So I searched everywhere and found that the prices in the UK are very good and there are many more original ones. Since I have the Clio 201 as my daily car it isnīt a big problem to drive a fun-car with the steering wheel on the right side ;-) So I decided to buy one in a land which appreciates the Williams more than we do.
Also their isn't so much experience with the Williams in Germany so i hope to find a good car here and after buying one also technical help afterwards.

So this was my little introduction. Every help and experience with export is appreciated. Also if you have a good one to sell feel free to contact me :-)

Best Regards
Pascale

Vandella
21-06-2013, 13:53
Hello there! nice to see the Williams is loved the world over.. good luck with your search and welcome!! Dan

Wobba
21-06-2013, 21:28
That is a lovely picture, thank you for posting it :D

I have heard of more and more people looking to import RHD Williams's, mostly Japan.

Prices will rise over the next few years.

UK is the cheapest place to buy because performance cars are either expensive to run or common, and fuel is expensive etc.

My car in France is worth like 10k Euro minimum lol.

You COULD find a rare Swiss Champion in France but they are usually a lot of gold :(

Compared to the newer Clio's: the Willy is a far more raw and basic driving experience. For enthusiasts that don't care about air conditioning or other crap, it gives a better experience. They need more care, but are also simple to work on as there is less involved with their mechanical and electrical workings. I will never sell mine. I also drive a V8 M5 E39. I would sell the BMW before the Clio. The Williams is just mad fun.