PDA

View Full Version : Issues bleeding brakes

pvsmark
20-06-2013, 09:50
I've been having a bit of a nightmare with my brakes recently. First time I tried bleeding one caliper seized and now after getting the calipers rebuilt I cannot get anything but air from the drivers rear side caliper. The other 3 are fine so i'm thinking maybe an air leak in the pipework somewhere, i tried for a good 1/2 hour and couldnt get anything other than a slight dribble through. Has anybody had a similar issue or can point me in the right direction for fault finding?

andreas395
20-06-2013, 17:06
Have you changed the rubber hoses to ? If they are damaged on the inside you would not see it and could be causing the problem

stevie_b
21-06-2013, 08:14
What are you using to bleed them? After I put a new set of pipes internally in the car I tried bleeding using the 'pedal down, open bleed screw, close bleed screw, pedal up, repeat' method I had always used in the past and just could not get them to work properly in the end. I think there was an air lock in there somewhere. I bought one of those 'Eezibleed' kits for a few quid and hooked that up and the job was a goodun within minutes. It also means that you can bleed the brakes on your own afterwards, which my wife is no doubt happy about, so it is a useful tool to have anyway if you don't already have one. If you do have a leak in the pipework somewhere then if you hook it up you would probably be able to hear the air escaping and identify the location of the problem too.

pvsmark
21-06-2013, 08:54
Cheers guys, I have some spare rubber hoses so will give them a try, i did have an easy bleeder but it died on me after about an hours use but it was definately better than doing it via the pedal. The annoying thing is its the last thing i need to do to get it back on its wheels and into the body shop so fingers crossed i sort it this weekend.

northy
22-06-2013, 10:08
I would be looking at the bias valve.

Im my experience no fluid coming through to the rear calipers - it that at fault. Changed and it flows through like u expect.