PDA

View Full Version : LCD in dash reading -30

GabrielKnight
04-06-2013, 10:29
When I started the car this morning, the orange LCD in the dash reads -30.

I never really pay any attention to that part of the dash so can't remember what it's normally supposed to read.

Can anyone shed some light please?

stevie_b
04-06-2013, 10:42
It is supposed to read the external temperature, so on a lovely day like today it should be more like +30 degrees than -30 ;-)

Couple of things to check - there is a relay under the glovebox that relates to the display, but iirc when that goes you end up with no display rather than it being stuck on an incorrect value? A search on here for 'temp'/'temperature' might yield something that confirms. I think mine was flashing rather than fixed on a certain value when it went wrong.

The external temp sensor is in the passenger side wing mirror. I'd check the wiring between there and the rest of the car - you could have a break somewhere along that path which is why the display is seeing no sensible reading from the sensor, which is why it is fixed on the minimum value it can read.

Vandella
04-06-2013, 11:41
I found this when I hadn't got the door connection in properly.. mine was fixed on -30 and when connected back it worked correctly!!

Wobba
04-06-2013, 13:15
As above, check the plug in the door loom. Take off the wing mirror internal covers and you should be able to see it down inside.