PDA

View Full Version : Petrol prices!!!!

LEIGH-ANNE
25-08-2005, 12:55
Hi i recieved this email tday, just thought id share it wiv u guys to see wot u thought of it, i think i mite try to keep to it too :)

Sorry wouldn't normally do this, but 96p a liter is annoying me too.

Hi guys, this came from a friend of mine. Read it and see what you think, sounds good to me. Worth a try? A Plan to Reduce UK Petrol Prices - a rip-off at over 90p litre
POWER TO THE PEOPLE...
See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it We are hitting 95p a
litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.
Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day"campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we
hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two
biggest
oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their
prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to
follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and
BP Petrol buyers.It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.

That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP)
How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 80days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,
please pass this message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE It is easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

MatBrown
25-08-2005, 12:57
Had this email sooo many times.

I only use shell anyway.

Mat.

LEIGH-ANNE
25-08-2005, 13:01
ohh rite, i only use morrisons fuel really anyway tbh

snakeylady
25-08-2005, 13:05
only use Optimax - but in truth it is the government who overtax the petrol anyway and of course the oil co's supply the supermarkets etc so the chances are you would be buying from BP and Esso inadvertanly anyway - still agree the price is ludicrus although mentally I just don't think about it as I have to commute to work and it's in the middle of nowhere with no public transport I have no option but to drive [my favourite time of the day though - just chillin in the car with the sounds up :D ]

arj256
25-08-2005, 13:06
I have seen this before as well. and they say to avoid those companys but they subcontract there fuel to supermarkets so i guess you have to stop using them to :wink:

Bout time that there was some action though.

KingStromba
25-08-2005, 13:14
If you want to lower petrol prices simply dont vote for the governement, and write them a letter stating that you voted for someone else because you didnt like the high levels of fuel duty.

If everyone did this the proices would come down.

Its called democaracy and is why we have a vote.

LEIGH-ANNE
25-08-2005, 13:17
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/leighanne21/Sainsburys20Petrol20Clio20Sport.jpg

Suppose ur rite snakeylady!! Pic from arj

arj256
25-08-2005, 13:18
Though if your talking about democracy then there should be a system which allows us to tell people our issues which gets passed up through the chain until it is reviewed and sorted out..
I think there is one about but cant remember the names for it all. shame it doesnt work.

KingStromba
25-08-2005, 13:37
Though if your talking about democracy then there should be a system which allows us to tell people our issues which gets passed up through the chain until it is reviewed and sorted out..
I think there is one about but cant remember the names for it all. shame it doesnt work.

There is a system, you have to write to your local MP, and if he receives enough protests, he will take the issues up at the house of parliment.

Thats what his job is.

arj256
25-08-2005, 13:40
So wouldnt it be a better idea, to all complain to our local mps and bombard them with protests. and if enough of us do it then it should be addressed.
If its not then. we need to get rid of our government if they wont listen to the opinions of the people..

KingStromba
25-08-2005, 13:42
Supply and demand. If no one bought it the price would drop :wink:

2 live
25-08-2005, 15:13
but if no 1 needed it none would be sold

Scott-16v!
25-08-2005, 15:45
ive just been and put a tenners worth in at bp and it was only 89.9!!

David
25-08-2005, 16:12
Please never say only when stating petrol unless you have just bought it if some one in a turban in a foreign country selling a barrel for Tenner :wink:

As the amount of Tax the govermant putsa on it is ridiculas :evil:

Lunner
25-08-2005, 20:03
Its the goverment you need to be atrgeting not the petrol companies, they only make a few pence per ltr anyways, most of the cost of fuel is tax

Scott-16v!
25-08-2005, 22:29
lol was only sayin 'only' cos thats about the cheapest around here

Purple
26-08-2005, 01:01
I think it's UK fuel that is the most expensive.

98 octane prices in Singapore is about 55p and about half that in Malaysia. AFAIK, it's about 48p in Sydney now. And these are all-time high prices as well.

Batten down the hatches, boys, think it will be getting even worse for us drivers. At least, our little Clios don't guzzle fuel like those SUV monsters.

FATBOY
26-08-2005, 02:12
suv vehicles??? SOUTH UFRICAN VEHICLES??? soz mate im smashed!

Purple
26-08-2005, 02:53
:D Nothing says 1am in the morning quite like Fatboy typing drunk again :D

Cheap beer and cheap petrol. Don't we all wish. :)

TwisT
26-08-2005, 08:39
when i was in the states ['05] a gallon was as cheap as $1.98. we filled up the mustang for thirty dollars = 18 quid !

they were experiencing an 'all time high in fuel cost' over in california, at '$2.20 a gallon of gas'.

I think it works out we pay $9 a gallon, NINE DOLLARS A GALLON ! imagine how much you would have to pay to fill that mustang !

Fatboy, a SUV = sports utility vehicle = ford f150 lighning truck etc

FATBOY
26-08-2005, 10:28
soz guys! that damn stella again!

FATBOY
26-08-2005, 10:30
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/leighanne21/Sainsburys20Petrol20Clio20Sport.jpg

Suppose ur rite snakeylady!! Pic from arj

didnt people know that all the supermarkets buy there fuel from the bigger independant companies??

Kelly
26-08-2005, 10:57
I thought Tesco made their own?? :lol: :wink: :roll:

LEIGH-ANNE
26-08-2005, 11:05
I suppose i did yea, but hadnt really thought bout it before tbh, they wouls still lose out tho cos supermarket prices are cheaper than say BP/ESSO

Allan
26-08-2005, 13:53
Nar tesco dont buy there own, they source it from who ever is cheepest at the time :)

I know cause i used to do all the stock for a tesco petrol station, they have a depo where all the fuel is stored for an area, but that depo can be filled by anyone esso shell ect..

Mattie
26-08-2005, 17:23
goin back 2 a point about writtin a letter 2 our local MP....

i think this is a quality idea!!!

i think sum1 should write a template letter out that EVERYONE on here prints off signs etc and sends off 2 our local MPs....then we can pass the same idea on 2 other sites such as cliosport and cliotrophy and even other forums that we might never use! this way well reach loads of people!....any 1 good at writtin letters of complaint? lol....

this sound a gd idea or are people 2 lazy 2 go through all this just so we can get our petrol prices lowered? :wink:

Justin..
26-08-2005, 17:34
I think it's UK fuel that is the most expensive.

98 octane prices in Singapore is about 55p and about half that in Malaysia. AFAIK, it's about 48p in Sydney now. And these are all-time high prices as well.

Batten down the hatches, boys, think it will be getting even worse for us drivers. At least, our little Clios don't guzzle fuel like those SUV monsters.

48p :O:O:O:O my god we could nearly fill up twice compared to once over ere in ''rip off britain''

TriO`
31-08-2005, 00:01
That's a pretty good idea....

I reckon i'll try and dod it but i'll just get lazy and forget :(

went to fill up at BP in Reading earlier... 97 ron .... 99.8p/ L !!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: took the ****ing piss, normally i just opt for the optimax or higher octane fules but this just took the piss too much... saying that, even the cheapo stuff was 93.5 or somthng :!:

Day
31-08-2005, 10:32
Tesco 99 Ron stuff comes from the Esso refinery.

big hp
31-08-2005, 10:32
That e-mail is donkeys old.

I just buy my petrol from Tescos. They've just revamped our smaller Tescos including the petrol station and now stock there 99ron super unleaded. The nearest Shell garage to me is about 13miles away.

Most expensive place around here is 99.9. Was on the news a couple of nghts ago as the most expensive garage in southern england.

Wobba
21-03-2011, 14:26
lol...if only we knew the price of fuel in 6 years...

Consumers really made an impact...not.

chip
21-03-2011, 14:34
lol...if only we knew the price of fuel in 6 years...

Consumers really made an impact...not.

Maybe without consumer impact it would have been 2 quid already?

Was always a scheme destined to fail though, the retailers make next to **** all anyway, its the amount of tax and the price of the underlying barrel of oil that dictate the cost, so nothing BP or Esso could really do about it anyway.

I suspect that email was written by someone who works for tesco, lol

Wobba
21-03-2011, 15:15
I don't understand why we are still so reliant on fssil fuels. Not like this is a new issue or anything is it? I heard about global warming over 20 years ago.

chip
21-03-2011, 15:39
I don't understand why we are still so reliant on fssil fuels. Not like this is a new issue or anything is it? I heard about global warming over 20 years ago.

Global warming is a massively exagerated issue IMHO

We're reliant on fossil fuels largely because the powerful people in the world tend to own a lot of the fossil fuel related assets I suspect.

I do some technology consultancy to a couple of japanese car brands and they are looking at more in the way of plug in vehicles, but ultimately thats still fossil fuelled to a large extent while we still have so many fossil fuel power stations, it just changes where it gets burned!

Nuclear-eletric is the future IMHO, but we're a way off yet, not least because of the problem of how you quickly transfer 200+ miles of charge into a car in the first place in a hurry (filling with petrol takes only a couple of minutes)
Even with those issues solved though, you still then have to actually roll out the infracstructure to do it, imagine the cost of adding an eletric charging point to every petrol station.
and then how would the government make up the lost fuel tax revenue?

Its a complicated problem.

MatrixGuy
21-03-2011, 23:07
This thread is funny. I will soon trading the Williams in for a bicycle!

Justin..
22-03-2011, 17:59
What about hydrogen fuel?

One thing to make you feel better, petrol is about £1.62 in Turkey at the moment
Had a hire car yesterday, a Renault symbol which is just a Clio saloon, i put 100 lira in the tank (£40 ish) and it gave me just over half a tank!! That is bad considering how little people earn there aswell....

chip
22-03-2011, 18:06
What about hydrogen fuel?

Well thats one way of relatively quickly filling a car up with energy from a power station but its potentially quite dangerous even relative to petrol etc.

I dont think its the answer personally.

One thing to make you feel better, petrol is about £1.62 in Turkey at the moment
Had a hire car yesterday, a Renault symbol which is just a Clio saloon, i put 100 lira in the tank (£40 ish) and it gave me just over half a tank!! That is bad considering how little people earn there aswell....

Ouch!

That'll sound cheap when this thread gets bumped in another 5 years though, lol

Jaymzfc
23-03-2011, 08:54
Petrol seems to have gone up everywhere, not too sure if any sort of demo or petition is going to work, the Govts make to much money on the duty/vat on fuels to even consider putting it down.

Before all this Libya stuff took off i would have suggested you all move there, nice roads and only 16p a litre, hows that for a bargain.
Was tempted to fill up a few jerry cans on my way back last year. :)

robi1000
23-03-2011, 09:07
Home made E85 is the way forward! :lol: