PDA

View Full Version : may be selling the willy but some seroius advise needed

gozziee
11-05-2013, 19:48
As title it may have to go due to a possible house move and baby later this year (it will break my heart) but the only issue is that it has no mot or tax at the moment.
tax and mot only ran out at the end of march and it went straight through last year (bar a little work on the brakes) after being dry stored and covered over in my garage for 5 years.
cambelt was replaced last year, before this it had a new boot, both rear arches done wheels referbed, altho a couple of very minor chips on one of them, cat back stainless exhaust with decat ( i have the cat for mot) pipercross air filter (standard one is in my garage).
i have owned this car for nearly 11 years and the second owner from new, 78000 miles with fsh original hand books etc and nearly all reciepts.
It also has a different stereo with stelth shelf (original shelf with suit carrier avaliable) and original stereo and cd mutli drive avaliable.
Bad points like i said no mot or tax , clutch is possibly starting to fail altho it drives ok so may need attention and when it was mot'd the bloke said that the rear tires (which are original) are starting to crack on the side walls.

The thing is do i spend £1000 ish and get everything done or will it not warrant spending that due to not getting it back if i sell it ????
what is a willy3 in very good condition going for when mot'd and then if it isn't ???
Any help will be greatly recieved to help me make my mind up...

thanks
pat

gozziee
11-05-2013, 21:11
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj534/gozziee/077.jpg

talkingfish
13-05-2013, 10:59
I would suggest you would get your money back if you spend the money on the jobs that need doing... they will only enhance the value of what looks a clean & tidy car... there's not may low mileage, low owner cars that come up these days.... I would suggest your looking at around £4k if all that work is done....

16v_paddy
13-05-2013, 11:17
I'm assuming you're not really able to do the clutch yourself? Are you sure it's the clutch & not the ratchet mechanism at fault?

My advice would be to get the work done as it will maximise the value of the car immensely, then whack an MOT on it & you're onto a winner

gozziee
13-05-2013, 17:33
i had a new ratchet put on a while back and it made no difference, its when the engine is hot and stuck in traffic the gears are shite and when it goes into reverse.
just dont know what to do at the mo