PDA

View Full Version : French Car Show 2013?

Wobba
06-05-2013, 21:56
So, we don't have a club spot? Why are so few going? I'll go even if we don't have a club presence I guess...how sad.

FATBOY
06-05-2013, 22:19
i know! its the distance thing ???? im planning on going (dependant on attendance) but looking grim! its such a shame but i think alot of clubs will have poor turnout this year..

ThRaXaIR
07-05-2013, 20:55
i'll be there with bells on.

p4cks
07-05-2013, 20:57
Distance for me... I'm from the NE

Wobba
08-05-2013, 11:08
i'll be there with bells on.

Yey!

I'll listen out for the bells then...

jamiecrookston83
08-05-2013, 13:14
Not for me this year i'm affraid.

16v_paddy
08-05-2013, 20:03
i know! its the distance thing ???? im planning on going (dependant on attendance) but looking grim! its such a shame but i think alot of clubs will have poor turnout this year..

I take it you haven't seen the way they're organising club spots this year then? Here's the email I've got about it

Our first update of 2013 will brief you on how we are handing club space allocation and parking/club stand passes this year. You may have noticed we are not asking buyers on our shop to specify which car club they belong.The system is simple and as follows;

Group/Club member purchases tickets at http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk (http://frenchcarshow.createsend4.com/t/r-l-ohytikt-jddjiylddt-j/)(per previous years)
Should the member wish to park with a club/group they will need a club stand/parking pass. They are advised to make contact with their club stand organiser to request the pass.
When the member makes contact we ask the stand organiser records their wish to park on the stand (so you are aware of who is on your stand), verify they have bought tickets (ask for receipt number) and nearer the show email them a printable stand pass that we will supply.

Some very important reasons for the change

Puts stand organisers in control of their stands without hassel of ticketing
Stand organisers are aware who and how many cars are parking on their stands
Puts members in touch with stand organisers so you can tout for stand help, promote club activities at the show, club arrangements, raffles etc

Whats next

Each club is managing this differently but so far 99% are delighted wth the change.
It is very very important club members don't just email the passes to mates as you then lose control of numbers.
On 1st June, 2013 and again 1st July, 2013 gordon@frenchcarshow.co.uk (gordon@frenchcarshow.co.uk?subject=Club%20Stands% 20%2F%20Club%20passes) will email you asking for up-to-date stand numbers. He will also discuss stand locations with you. Castle Combe has a very handy grid so those who keep in touch with him can discuss stand location.

Wobba
09-05-2013, 09:34
Not hard to organise tbh is it? The only issue would be what if loads of people decide to come on the stand in the last week and they get turned away due to lack of space.

Constantly updating FCS with how many people each day would be ridiculous though, so I would only update them at the end of each week with numbers on a spreadsheet, listing the car, forum name and if ticket bought or not yet.

Members need to know where to go , what to do, and make sure they sign up early enough...failure meaning they may not get on the stand on the day, simple.

ThRaXaIR
09-05-2013, 09:44
Not hard to organise tbh is it? The only issue would be what if loads of people decide to come on the stand in the last week and they get turned away due to lack of space.

Constantly updating FCS with how many people each day would be ridiculous though, so I would only update them at the end of each week with numbers on a spreadsheet, listing the car, forum name and if ticket bought or not yet.

Members need to know where to go , what to do, and make sure they sign up early enough...failure meaning they may not get on the stand on the day, simple.

Thanks for volunteering Daniel, best you start organising. ;)

northy
09-05-2013, 09:47
Thing is with FCS club parking in the past for me is the way they give the passes out. We have always had double parking to what we needed even though i have said what cars are coming. Our first show in 2005 was really bad.

I think this new method will be alot better as it then should be realistic numbers of the cars booked through club stands. Although i think it should be organised through the club and then a list of names and addresses sent who are allowed on stand and tickets issued.

2005 - 2007 williamsclio bought club tickets in a one go and then issued them seperatly to members. That was a lot of extra hassle!

Wobba
09-05-2013, 17:54
That is hassle Northy, I agree. This year the stand tickets can be issued electronically, the onus is on the member to print it out for themselves.

I can organise the members who are wanting a place on the stand and communicate with PFC/FCS organisers, unless someone else wants to do it.. I've got a lot going on irl so can't organise marquee or banners...Leighanne has that stuff at her place I believe?

16v_paddy
09-05-2013, 19:40
Someone needs to register that they want a club stand as well http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/requests/clubs :winkey:

Wobba
10-05-2013, 11:26
Someone needs to register that they want a club stand as well http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/requests/clubs :winkey:

I can do that too, but I reckon an official like Northy would probably want to be the one to do stuff like that.

andreas395
10-05-2013, 21:35
Well I'm up for going and helping if need be :)

Wobba
14-05-2013, 10:47
Will get moving on this, this week.

Hopefully I can get the first list off to FCS organisers on Monday, assuming we are going to have a stand.

PLEASE SIGN UP HERE:

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?42576-attendance-list&p=419815#post419815

Wobba
15-05-2013, 15:25
I've sent WilliamsClio club stand request to FCS today.

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?42576-attendance-list&p=419824#post419824

^

Read the latest info on the Club FB page too if you like :)

adiclio16v
15-05-2013, 20:02
Im still considering going its a bit of a trek for me so prob be a hotel job on the friday
c16v hav got quite a few going I think but not sure if there havin a stand wudnt it better seein if we could hav a combined stand
adi

wildmans f7r
21-05-2013, 04:05
hi huys do you have room on the stand for me as i want to go also if you are are you going for the full weekend including camping if so can you let me kniw so i can purxhase the tickets, many thanks. james

Minichapperz
26-05-2013, 22:10
Ill be there but on the Retro Renault stand so if you see a very ropey rotten williams it'll be mine, due to my 172 spaffing its g/box. thats if it gets there.........

andreas395
26-05-2013, 22:13
Good old 172 s and there gearboxes :(
i will keep an eye out my mate is on the same stand