PDA

View Full Version : History of my williams

jamiecrookston83
26-04-2013, 13:15
A while back a sent away a form to the DVLA looking for the full history of #0227. Today I recieved that history through the post. I was more interested in where the car was registered new. So anyway, on the application for a licence for a new motor vehicle and declaration for registration form. I found that original dealer was Newpark Garage, 109 Alccester Road, Studley, Warickshire. I looked them up and sadly found out that its no longer a Renault dealership but actually now a private second hand car dealership. I called the garage and they told me its not been a Renault garage for 16 years or so. Also on the same form It shows the Selling Dealer which was Lookers, Chemlsford, Southend Road, Howe Green, Chelmsford, CM2 7TD. I found that this is still a renault garage and gave them a call.

They couldn't help me as the car has not had anything to do with them since more or less new. Actually they were really nippy with me because I was asking for info on the car even though I explained that I as restoring the car and I was the owner. What i'm really wanting is if possible is a dealership rear window sticker and number plates with the dealership on them from the time. Does anyone know of the garage? Or know how I can have orignial dealer stickers that can be re-produced? Number plates that can be made with the dealership name on them? Help would be greatly appreciated....

northy
26-04-2013, 13:33
i can remake stickers for you Jamie if u dont mind a bit of wait

jamiecrookston83
26-04-2013, 14:01
Northy that would be fantastic if you could. I'd pay you for your time doing the stickers.

p4cks
26-04-2013, 14:45
Me too Northy.

stevie_b
27-04-2013, 11:48
I've been into Lookers Chelmsford many times, but it has moved location since the days of the Williams. I'll see if I have an old receipt that has any of their logos or pre-01245 phone numbers on it, which would be the correct ones for the period, if you need them? Don't use their current details if you want the sticker to be correct for the time of issue!

jamiecrookston83
27-04-2013, 12:22
I've been into Lookers Chelmsford many times, but it has moved location since the days of the Williams. I'll see if I have an old receipt that has any of their logos or pre-01245 phone numbers on it, which would be the correct ones for the period, if you need them? Don't use their current details if you want the sticker to be correct for the time of issue!

Thats would be very much appreciated Stevie.

FATBOY
28-04-2013, 22:31
Chelmsford ain't far from me if you need a hand with anything