PDA

View Full Version : Does your williams.....

JayR
24-08-2005, 23:34
......Sometimes feel rapido yet sometimes feel slow?

I have this, i had few blasts the other week with a type r then an st150 with not brilliant out comes...........A few days later i had ago againta mk2 172 (again new the fella) and managed to stay infront of him with a passenger in my car and him on his own!!!

I also went out to a 5 gtt mini meet the other week.....Took my pal up the dual's to show him the difference between the car on 15's and 17's and he said it felt quick.............I was then pitted against a stripped 5 which was pretty tuned but my mate seemed to think i wouldnt have any probs but got left pretty much for dead!!!

Im getting abit worried really......The engines on 45k with lots of history.....It sounds mint and ticks over mint from start so i dont know what it could be!!!

Im wondering if the knn is really raping me of that much power or its to do with gear changes but then why would it seem to move well sometimes...........Im dead confused!!!

Lunner
24-08-2005, 23:40
My car does, more so when i haven't driven it for a whle.

But defo at times it feels alot nippier than at others, think its just physcological tbh

JayR
24-08-2005, 23:54
You rekon........See i dont drive mine in the week at all really and i know the engine itself was sitting about doin not alot for the year before i took it on!!!

Does it need to be driven a good few times a week to keep it movin properly?

arj256
25-08-2005, 00:06
Could be to do with the air temp. if its nice and cool your car will feel much quicker. and also having the k&n will mean you will get heat soak from it.
Thus losing power, but on a cooler night it will take longer for the heat soak to come into play.

KingStromba
25-08-2005, 00:23
My Williams always feels slow, because i drive like i want to live :D

TriO`
25-08-2005, 00:31
I'd have to agree with arj256, It mostly comes down to the air tempreture at the time... your K&N could definitley be working against you when it's hot but might also give a small advantage when starting out as it's really cool....

I'm runnign a standard air box/filter on my valver and sometimes it just feels quicker than other, by quite a fair margin....

IMO when it's hot it peforms worse...

clowo16v
25-08-2005, 10:56
On my Valver with the IK fitted it was crap when it was warm. When it was cool it would feel like no problem to take it to 7000rpm every shift, but when it was warm or i'd been driving for a while it would feel strangled above 5000rpm.

Put the standard airbox with a cold air feed on now, doesn't matter what the weathers like its always good.

See ya

Matt