PDA

View Full Version : LLU

garywilliamslinton
17-04-2013, 12:48
hi chaps..

i bought the willy 3.. N77 LLU that was in essex for sale needing restored..

i have it home now in n.ireland in my pals garage. front wings, bonnet, bumper, etc all taken off now and i`m really pleased with whats below. only bits at the front needing fixed are the little lips on the inner guards that hold the plastic splash guards, and this is only minor! drivers sill and rear arch needs sorting but its not rotten. the floor and boot are in excellent condition. below is scaby looking on bk axel etc but just needs a gd clean! most of the work is cosmetic.

the car had been laid up for a while and a lot of switches etc didnt work, but after getting home and having a gd drive `on the bk roads` everything seems to b in working order now. on cold start she had 5-5-1/2 bar oil pressure.. i have a body man coming this week to give me a quote for the work.

it cost me £530 getting car home which is a lot, but saving grace was i got the original williams interior too in new condition, she has full leather seats, door cards etc, fitted at present!

i`ll keep this updated with progress. will also get some pics up

Chris197F1
17-04-2013, 13:04
looking forward to seeing the pics mate :)

garywilliamslinton
17-04-2013, 13:35
just been reading chris that ur after a willy 3.

i will b selling this when shes ready. i`m not doing a nut n bolt job, but everything she needs she will get. i wont b doing any engine mods, maybe timing belt! i dont have anything saying its been changed since 62k and theres now 130k, u would think it has been with these miles! but i`m going to contact previous owners to make sure.

she has full renault history up to 63k, then loads of receipts from 2005/2009. every mot document is present, last mot ran out on dec 2012, that confirms milage!

what i can make out is.. 1st three owners kept the car serviced in book upto date and the last owner of 4yrs did all work himself.

Chris197F1
17-04-2013, 13:47
Drop me a message mate with what your after and when it will be available and any other info you think may help, oh and pics :)