PDA

View Full Version : Williams Clio 2 tyre advice

fraserj30
14-04-2013, 20:47
Hi I am new to the forum and joined after buying my first Williams a couple of weeks ago. I am loving the car and how much fun to drive it is compared with other more expensive cars. I have a list of things to do and tyres are on the list with an MOT at the end of the month. Currently my car has Yokohama 195/45/R15's yet flicking through the Williams owner manual, it lists 185/55/R15's. Please can you advise me on the best tyres and the correct sizing. One of the other things on the list is a new rear exhaust as mine has a big hole in it and its heavily corroded. Would you opt for the Renault factory item or a stainless??Thanks a lot

ianbirch
14-04-2013, 21:10
The correct size is 185/55/15 but a popular alternative is 195/50/15 as they are cheaper... I personally would not bother with the 195/45/15 as I think they will be a bit harsh with the 45% profile.

I favour the standard fitment from a comfort point of view but basically you pays yer money and takes yer choice.:)

Regards Ian

fraserj30
15-04-2013, 20:17
Thanks Ian for the advice. Where possible I intend to keep the car standard so will opt for the 185's. Any thoughts on standard versus stainless exhaust? Regards Fraser

ianbirch
16-04-2013, 00:12
Thanks Ian for the advice. Where possible I intend to keep the car standard so will opt for the 185's. Any thoughts on standard versus stainless exhaust? Regards Fraser

Hi Fraser,

Again... I have a standard fitment exhaust which I favour for looks and noise levels (quiet as possible).

I'm afraid I have no experience with other fitments but a lot of people on here do... so hopefully somebody else can give you some feedback on stainless items.

Cheers Ian.:)