PDA

View Full Version : Horn not working - relay problem?? Or not??

glyn211269
12-04-2013, 11:02
My horn's not working...ooh err. I've tested the leads to the horn itself and there's no current getting to it. I've been told there should be a clicking from the relay in the front left of the car but there isn't so that suggests the relay is dead. I'm assuming its one of these in the auxiliary relay box in the engine bay??..... but anyone know which one as the Haynes manual doesn't show it?? I'm also a bit confooosed because as far as I can see, the Haynes manual wiring diagrams don't show the horn having a relay! Can anyone point me in the right direction please?? Thanks :-)

MattDilley
12-04-2013, 13:04
If you have no power at the horns then the first place to start is the switch, if the switch doesn't work then there will be no relay click or power getting to a relay to make the click.
The relays in your picture are definitely nothing to do with the horn, they are for the engine side of the car.
have you checked all you fuses are ok?

andreas395
12-04-2013, 13:40
The bracket on the horn is the earth if I remember rightly ? if the body area where the horn is rusty it will not give a good earth try taking it off and give the area a little rub down worked with mine a few years back

glyn211269
13-04-2013, 20:30
Thanks for your help with this guys :-) Obviously going to try a new stalk switch first, it feels a bit funny anyway...