PDA

View Full Version : poly bush set

simongore
16-03-2013, 17:45
I am thinking about poly bushing the williams 2 that i have.

Wondering if anyone else has done it and did it make much of an improvement

I did it on my intergrale and it improved no end

And any contacts to getting a quality set

thanks

simon

stevie_b
18-03-2013, 09:51
I am thinking about poly bushing the williams 2 that i have.

Wondering if anyone else has done it and did it make much of an improvement

I did it on my intergrale and it improved no end

And any contacts to getting a quality set

thanks

simon

Powerflex make them for the Clio and they are pretty easy to get hold of (any Powerflex distributor or Ebay should provide them). I have the full set (wishbones, inner ARB, outer ARB and dogbone) on my track car and the dogbone and inner and outer ARB ones on my Williams. The wishbone ones are a bit trickier to fit as you are supposed to weld the sleeve to the wishbone once it has been pressed in. The dogbone and outer ARBs are both a doddle to DIY fit. The inner ARBs are a right pain! After just about managing to do my track car ones when I had the subframe off for powder coating I learnt a few tricks that allowed me to do the Williams one with it all still on the car, but it is hard to get the inner ARB clamps back on. Once you manage to get the bolt through the hole and the nut on the end so you can tighten it up it's a doddle!

16v_paddy
18-03-2013, 19:47
There's a new design for the wishbone bushes that mean the sleeves don't need welding in but they are a bit more expensive

New design

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/04/e4aqeny8.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e173/Exploding_penguin/IMG_20130117_131207.jpg

Old design

stevie_b
18-03-2013, 21:52
Ooh, interesting. May consider doing it to the Williams wishbones one day then! Is there any difference in the density of the poly between the old purplish ones and those black ones in your pics do you know?

16v_paddy
18-03-2013, 21:59
No idea tbh, all I know is that the metal sleeves are totally different

andreas395
19-03-2013, 01:01
The black are harder then the purple

mopa
20-03-2013, 10:24
are they the same for the clio 1.8 16v and the williams? can you get the new style non welded on ebay anyone?

16v_paddy
20-03-2013, 19:33
are they the same for the clio 1.8 16v and the williams? can you get the new style non welded on ebay anyone?

No they're different & looking on the powerflex site it seems that the non weld new style has only been done for the williams

exploding_penguin
20-03-2013, 23:54
part number shown are correct for williams fitment

massive improvement over standard