PDA

View Full Version : SFS Performance Hoses - Williams and 1.8 16v (Exciting news and massive opportunity)

Elaine1983
08-03-2013, 15:34
Hi all,

As some of you know, me and my partner Dean have connections with SFS Performance Hoses which are based in Luton.

Before I tell you the news, can anyone please tell me are the hoses from the Williams the exactly the same as the 1.8 16v?

Anyway, my partner has been to see the owners of SFS today and as most people know there are no hoses kits available on the market for the Williams and I don't believe the 1.8 16v either.

SFS have agreed that if we can get 10 people interested in the kit, they will start to make them and have the tool made etc. Also if 10 people come forward and say they are interested, they will require someone to donate a set of their original hoses to work from (these will not be returned). They have said that the person who donates their hoses to them, will get their SFS hose kit free of charge. Do we have any volunteers?? (I would use mine, but mine has only just been rebuilt and don't really want it all apart again).

Once we have 10 or more people interested and someone kindly donates their hoses and they have been given to SFS, I will then have the prices of the kits. We are also in discussions with them about having the "SFS label" in gold writing too which has never been done before.

Also, they have said that if you end up buying a hose kit from them, you will get 25% off any future purchase from SFS, like braided brake lines, vac pipes etc.

This is a massive opportunity for us, what do you think???

Thanks

northy
08-03-2013, 16:02
and as most people know there are no hoses kits available on the market for the Williams and I don't believe the 1.8 16v either.

Big statement there haha!

Jaymzfc
08-03-2013, 16:15
As far as i am aware you can buy hose kits for the valver (williams is not mentioned) from another supplier as well as from China on ebay, which i am told are pretty good. The hose mentioned above does not come in that kit so this would be a unique selling point for SFS. As far as i am aware the valver and williams hoses are identical.
What would give you brownie points would be a good price and a nice discount for us :) .

Gluck

Elaine1983
08-03-2013, 16:28
It looks like in fact their are kits for the Williams and 16v from Samco but they are retailing at £376. I can get the kits for a lot less than that and another place called Evobits but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole........I stand corrected!!

Elaine1983
08-03-2013, 16:34
Big statement there haha!

I'm a girl....what do you expect!!

2 live
08-03-2013, 17:23
As far as i am aware you can buy hose kits for the valver (williams is not mentioned) from another supplier as well as from China on ebay, which i am told are pretty good. The hose mentioned above does not come in that kit so this would be a unique selling point for SFS. As far as i am aware the valver and williams hoses are identical.
What would give you brownie points would be a good price and a nice discount for us :) .

Gluck

That would depend on if you have the oil cooler fitted or not. The crappy water cooled oe fit one, not aftermarket.

northy
08-03-2013, 19:29
Nothing wrong with evobits - they are good suppliers to our members

bass_direct
08-03-2013, 20:40
The ones on eBay (china) have had nothing but good reviews and the quality looks spot on

talkingfish
08-03-2013, 21:00
As I understand the oil cooler hose is the only one missing between a valver set and a williams set.... I have set of williams hoses available if you need them.... I put a set of samco classic black hoses on 0425 and was very impressed with the overall appearance and quality...

jock
08-03-2013, 21:26
As I understand the oil cooler hose is the only one missing between a valver set and a williams set....
I agree, I tried to get that hose at the end of last year ended up having to join my original to a second hand one :upset2:

andreas395
08-03-2013, 22:01
SFS do make quality stuff i have a few of there products, I would be intrested in giving the hoses needed if you get enough people intrested, I live in luton to if that makes it easier :)

Elaine1983
09-03-2013, 01:13
That's great.

Just have to see if anyone else is interested. If I don't get enough people interested, I will not be going any further in trying to get SFS to make them.

It also seems that there are a lot of people on here who are happy with the cheaper alternatives from China.

Jaymzfc
09-03-2013, 18:31
Def interested, so put me down. As soon as you have an idea of cost do tell mind you.

tomolad20
09-04-2013, 21:36
Once we have 10 or more people interested and someone kindly donates their hoses and they have been given to SFS, I will then have the prices of the kits.

Have they give you a rough price at all???

Elaine1983
11-04-2013, 13:47
They cant give a price until I can get the people interested and someone lends a set of hoses off their car unfortnately. Doesnt seem there is a lot of interest, so its not worth their while putting them in production.

bbracer16valver
12-04-2013, 02:16
my mate works at forge and i asked them about the chinese ones and he said they have took them apart and there just as good as what they do well maybe not as good ;) ;) im defo going for some :D

the clio ones are on eBay for 145 so i guess you would need to smash that price LOL

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/silicone-hose-Renault-Clio-MK1-16s-Williams-1-8-2-0-16V-/130418285046?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AClio&hash=item1e5d8919f6

Elaine1983
13-04-2013, 15:48
I might even get some myself then, I just assumed that them being Chinese , they wouldn't be as good quality. My bad...

Anyway, if anyone needs hoses for Clio 172's or R5's etc etc (which SFS have), let me know. I can get massive discounts at SFS and will probably surprise you with the price.

haggis
22-08-2013, 20:08
How did u get on with enough people to buy these hoses, i for 1 need a full set for my williams mk1

Paul16v
23-08-2013, 16:53
Give me a holler if you need any hoses ;)

http://www.evobits.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=williams&product_id=461

Last few sets I got even had Samco printed on them and the quality is absolutely spot on!

If a lot of people want them I can do a discount on prices too.

I also deal with SFS too.

Hoppo1979
24-08-2013, 11:28
Give me a holler if you need any hoses ;)

http://www.evobits.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=williams&product_id=461

Last few sets I got even had Samco printed on them and the quality is absolutely spot on!

If a lot of people want them I can do a discount on prices too.

I also deal with SFS too.

Im interested. Good hoses are vital and every car I've ever refurbished has had silicone hoses fitted.

Paul16v
27-08-2013, 14:57
Send me an e mail if you would like a set.
If I can get 5 people wanting a set I can do them for £125 a set inc delivered.

my e mails info@evobits.co.uk

long~bar
27-08-2013, 16:28
How many hoses for £125?

Paul16v
09-09-2013, 14:42
I'll count later, is all of them though

walters300
09-09-2013, 15:59
If its every hose il have a set please in plain black. Pm me the details..,

Paul16v
10-09-2013, 11:55
It is the complete hose set.

http://www.evobits.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=hoses&product_id=461

If you buy them through site and use coupon code "willyhose" (lol) it takes off £27.98 so total should be £125 total :)

Just put a note in comment box what colour you would like.
Will be a couple of weeks as will need to order a few sets together :)

cheers
Paul

Paul16v
11-09-2013, 15:58
Anyone having any? If anyone's in a rush I have a blue set in stock.