PDA

View Full Version : Group A Full Induction Setup

Craigie-B
02-03-2013, 18:23
Hey guys,

Following on from my previous thread, the company i am in talks with is more than happy to produce the scoop, the airbox and the throttle body adapter in:

Carbon Fibre
Glass Fibre
Metal

The throttle body adapter can have any diameter pipe that you require as well so those of you needing a bigger pipe for turbo's etc can be accommodated.

Depending on your preference, obv the price will vary according.

They are more than happy to make moulds and produce these items if they have interest from you guys over here.

How much would you be willing to pay? Bear in mind this is a UK Company and they are aiming to beat the French suppliers in cost as well, furthermore you don't have to bank transfer to a foreign country!

Let me know if you guys are interested and we can proceed from there.

Craig

walters300
02-03-2013, 18:58
Count me in for one please for the grp a scuttle set up and if they can add ports to avoid needing those little filters all the better.

Craigie-B
02-03-2013, 20:05
Okay excellent, Ill start making a list.

manxseven
02-03-2013, 22:17
count me in as well, price dependant.

Simon

Craigie-B
03-03-2013, 00:59
Okay theres a couple interested on c16v aswell so I will contact them tomorrow and sort a rough price out

Craigie-B
03-03-2013, 16:40
Okay guys, I have spoken to them.

They are happy to cover the cost of the moulds if we get 6 orders of full setups (or equivalent), if we don't get 6 then the prices will go up slightly just to cover the physical cost of the mould but it wont be much they have told me.

These are rough prices based on 6 full induction setup orders. Please note this does not include the silicone pipes or the air filter element - mostly because people would want differing things such as colours etc.

Fibre Glass Prices:
£125 a full induction set
£30 adaptor
£50 scoop
£70 air box

Carbon Fibre Prices:
£225 a full induction set
£45 Adapter
£80 Scoop
£115 Air Box

Let me know what you guys think? If your still interested then they will be happy to develop a fibre glass prototype :)

Cheers!
Craig

DSilvaSport
03-03-2013, 19:47
I'm interested - I have a question or two tho. I have an existing JR cone gauze/induction kit without shroud etc - would this then fit inside the airbox or will a different filter be needed similar to the original but cylindrical? If so, whats the benefit of this over the original?

Well done on getting the group buy together.

manxseven
03-03-2013, 20:21
Great stuff, well done for efforts:)

Fibre Glass Full Induction set for me please.

Craigie-B
03-03-2013, 22:36
Hey Guys :)

They are using my Espace V6 airbox to make the mold from and so the standard air filter will fit (as well as all the K&n pipercross etc). The throttle body adapter is being smoothed so to remove some of the original moulding marks - probably won't make much difference tbh but itll look nicer in carbon and weigh less.

The real advantage comes from the location tbh with you bud, bank transferring to a company in a foreign country isn't ideal and lets be honest there is no security there, furthermore the airbox is NLA from Renault now as well - that was my thinking with getting this setup tbh.

Okay thanks Manxseven, I'm creating a list of people who are seriously interested between WC and C16V, so here it is add your names guys if you want to be involved :)

C16V
1. Dan-valver (GF Airbox)
2. microwavedave (CF Airbox)

WC
1. Manxseven (GF Set)

Cheers guys

Craigie-B
04-03-2013, 20:47
C16V
1. Dan-valver (GF Airbox)
2. microwavedave (CF Airbox)
3. Valver16 (CF Airbox and scoop)
4. Tandoh (fibreglass set)
5. Reevio (GF Scoop)

WC
1. Manxseven (GF Set)

walters300
04-03-2013, 21:35
WC
1. Manxseven (GF Set)
2. Walters300 (CF adaptor)

Craigie-B
06-03-2013, 21:18
Okay update guys :)

Spoke to the company today and they are happy to make the moulds and some prototypes based on the current interest :)

Will have some piccies soon!

manxseven
06-03-2013, 23:20
Top man, Cheers.

Simon

Craigie-B
15-03-2013, 09:20
Hello Guys, just to update:

Been a few issues in creating the molds, hence why its taken a little longer than expected to get you some prototype pictures.

Will update *hopefully* next week

Craig