PDA

View Full Version : Niggles

Jaymzfc
28-02-2013, 09:31
Hi all,
Got some little things i need sorting out, so here goes.

What colour spray can i use to redo the grill, wiper scuttles, rear badge strip, bonnet scoop, roof rails.
The grey tape in the rubber strips on the door/bumpers/rear panels anyone ever replaced them ?? mine are all peeling any idea if it's available or??. are the actual strips still available from Renault?
What P/S fluid do you guys use that reduces the noise?

tks
Jaymz

pvsmark
01-03-2013, 11:13
The only one i can help with is the fluid; its Slick 50 you want

MattDilley
01-03-2013, 13:49
Try using a heat gun to bring the plastic trims back to life, easier than painting them. Just don't hold it there to long or it will melt.

Matt

Vandella
01-03-2013, 13:56
bump strips for mk1 ph1 are no longer available from Renault I believe.. the inserts (bits that you say are peeling) i'm not sure u can just replace these.. maybe find other complete bump strips and spray them black.. the scuttle, front grill and bonnet vent u want to paint.. get a grey plastic primer and then a matt black or gloss (if u want gloss) plastic spray.. (all available from Halfords or somewhere similar in Malta as a last case scenario of paint quality) wash and clean the bits, coat with grey, then coat with a good couple of layers of the black.. looks sh*t-hot when done!! not sure if anyone has any preferences for where to go for paint.. or if u'll need to search for somewhere given your location.. just make sure the paint you get is for plastic as it will peel and come off.