PDA

View Full Version : General Clio Mk1 Question

Vandella
23-02-2013, 21:30
hey chaps the missus has a mk1 phase 2 clio and her drivers door lock and key has bassically had enough of each other.. its get stuck and feel rough and generally crap.. so the question is.. should i just find another key and lock for the drivers door ..so all doors can be locked from inside.. or is it not too bad a job to change the whole lot.. is the ingnition barrell up to the connectores kind of universal to other barrells.. and what goes for the central locking..not sure if im could be getting in over my head.. but would like some brownie points!!
cheers guys

jamiecrookston83
23-02-2013, 22:02
Have you sprayed wd40 into the lock?

Vandella
23-02-2013, 23:06
not yet, something to try tomorrow though!!!

16v_paddy
23-02-2013, 23:28
Try the wd 1st but to answer your other questions, yes the ignition barrel is connected in the same way on all mk1's it's 1 or 2 plugs iirc

As for the immobiliser, all you need to do is remove the key blade from the plipper and fit it into the blipper already coded to the car :winkey:

Vandella
24-02-2013, 18:46
Hi Chaps. would just like to say WD fixed it for me.. slides in n out a treat!!

on a simular related question nto the locking system.. on my willy the boot doesnt lock.. which i found out a short while ago and is quite worrying.. it sounds like its locking at the boot if i stand behind the car but doesnt actually lock.. the key i have doesnt fit in the lock like it should either.. not sure if the key is even right for the lock.... im sure it locked at some point in the past.. what would be my first plan of action to try and solve this? the lock in the bootlid itself.. i know someone has been in there before as the is no back wiper (before my ownership).. not sure if there is even a motor in there atm.. maybe they have damaged something.. ?
cheers for thoughts and suggestions

p4cks
24-02-2013, 19:24
Hi Chaps. would just like to say WD fixed it for me.. slides in n out a treat!!

on a simular related question nto the locking system.. on my willy the boot doesnt lock.. which i found out a short while ago and is quite worrying.. it sounds like its locking at the boot if i stand behind the car but doesnt actually lock.. the key i have doesnt fit in the lock like it should either.. not sure if the key is even right for the lock.... im sure it locked at some point in the past.. what would be my first plan of action to try and solve this? the lock in the bootlid itself.. i know someone has been in there before as the is no back wiper (before my ownership).. not sure if there is even a motor in there atm.. maybe they have damaged something.. ?
cheers for thoughts and suggestions

Boot solenoid. Remove the plastic trim and you will see it. 2 min job to replace.

Vandella
24-02-2013, 19:47
5554 ive noticed that the plastic tube on mine is loose and can be pulled out n pushed back in of the bootlid.... what does this bit do?

does it fit to the left hand side of this boot solidnoid...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-mk1-tailgate-boot-lock-solenoid-/260819270456?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cba0a3b38
???

p4cks
24-02-2013, 19:50
That's exactly what you need. It's on the left hand side of the lock (when sitting in the boot looking up at the open bootlid)