PDA

View Full Version : 20 ton hydraulic press

Wobba
27-01-2013, 01:29
Just bought a 20t hydraulic press for the Willy and BMW's bearings and bushes. Leighanne is going to keep it at hers in the garage with her Williamses, she has more room than me. It made sense to get a press as it is costing me £50 a time per side to do bearings, plus I wanted to do the wishbones too and the BMW's steering and suspension with powerflex, and you need a press really.

If any of you need help with pressing shit out and you are near us, drop me a PM. I am in Locks Heath, near Fareham/Southampton in Hampshire.

cliorod
27-01-2013, 14:14
costing me £50 a time per side to do bearings,
Wow,that is dear,My local garage charges me a £5...sometimes f**k all.and that is for both hubs,removal and refit !!!:winkey:
Rod

16v_paddy
27-01-2013, 15:29
I reckon they charged him £50 so he wouldn't come back but their plan obviously backfired a bit :lol:

Wobba
28-01-2013, 20:53
That's two separate garages. Both £50 and I provide the bearing.

It's not just the money though, it's the convenience of having it there to use whenever.

16v_paddy
28-01-2013, 22:10
Tbh if I had 1 I'd be using it on stuff it's not meant to be used on just for the challenge/shits & giggles :grin:

Still mega steep that is though, most I've ever paid to get a bearing pressed in is a tenner

Wobba
29-01-2013, 21:58
Tbh if I had 1 I'd be using it on stuff it's not meant to be used on just for the challenge/shits & giggles :grin:

Still mega steep that is though, most I've ever paid to get a bearing pressed in is a tenner

Yea I think I will be doing just that Paddy haha!! Pressing random shit :D

yea, I had read all over the WC forums about everyone getting their bearings etc cheap, they are NEVER cheap for me :( So it made sense to get a press! This way I can sort the wishbones that I want to polybush, and my M5's bushes too, and other cars too.

It arrived today at work. The courier was keen to get help, and it was bloody heavy!